• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RO2 Are the suggestion threads really necessary if they abandoned support for the game?

Bunny monster

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 10, 2014
What's the point of ideeas and suggestions if they abandoned the game support? The bugs that were a problem since release aren't fixed, performance still a problem, many things are left untouched. So what's the point of us giving them advice if no one listens or does anything?

Ok, never used it, but I heard its pretty poorly optimized and you need a monster PC. It consumes a lot of resources.

Come on dude, what do you really want?

Every Idea that you have ever posted is in theory possible.
Install the SDK, spend hours of your life learning the nuances of both the SDK and Unreal Script and start modding the Game. Then start to work on all these ideas you have. You spam out all these ideas and things you want to see, which I am totally fine with. But when someone posts a way to actually put your ideas into action, you dismiss their input with this silly post??

No you dont need a MONSTER computer to run the SDK, you need:

Windows 7 64-bit
2.0+ GHz multi-core processor
8 GB System RAM
NVIDIA 8000 series or higher graphics card

More Info here:
http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showpost.php?p=1013711&postcount=1

I have made 7 maps on a LAPTOP computer so I welcome you to jump into the Wonderful and equally frustrating world of Modding headfirst. If you run into (and you will) any hiccups along the way, there are plenty of experts, novices, and enthusiasts still around these forums that are MORE THAN WILLING to lend a helping hand, myself included. Look forward to seeing your ideas come to life! :)

Upvote 0
I am looking for a team. I just want to know how much the cost in time and resources is involved before I do this. I am at university you know and it is pretty hard to do also modding and anything else besides learning. I study Japanese and Chinese so yeah, I don't know its easier to ask questions instead of tryuing to solve those answers by yourself. Don't you think.

Upvote 0
I am looking for a team. I just want to know how much the cost in time and resources is involved before I do this. I am at university you know and it is pretty hard to do also modding and anything else besides learning. I study Japanese and Chinese so yeah, I don't know its easier to ask questions instead of tryuing to solve those answers by yourself. Don't you think.

If that is your genuine study area and you are not some very odd troll I advise you now to drop the notion of videogames for a good long while. That is not a "GET OUT!" post, that is the voice of experience. Dunno how your uni is, but with mine between February and June there was barely any spare time.

Upvote 0