• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Are the game changes coming?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tauris

Grizzled Veteran
Aug 6, 2010
It's been months and months now and nothing, are any changes coming soon or at all?

I'm still enjoying RO2 a bit, but nothing like I could be - and the community seems quite hungry for some change here.

Could we just get a 'yes, it's going to happen soon', or a definitive 'no' so we can move on?

EDIT - Despite what some people have been saying on the forums, I still believe tripwire is going to make right on (what a lot of us seem to perceive as) their 'mistakes', especially regarding realism and some game mechanics.

Last edited:
I'm confident that we will eventually see movement in the right direction--they recently cut down on the number of assault class slots, which did a bit of good. When and what kind of gameplay changes are incoming, though, remain to be seen. I'd like to know more about exactly what TWI's got up its sleeve for us too--perhaps even a few words about more contentious proposed changes.

Upvote 0
Well they have new maps that should be coming out soon, and also the SDK looks like it will finally see it's release this or next week. So I would say changes are coming soon, whether it be by TWI or by some of the fine folks here who will make mods with the changes many of us want, and some things many of us will not expect, but will thoroughly enjoy.

In my opinion (this is my first TWI game by the way, so it may not be the best one to listen to here) this game will be far better in the coming months, and getting better everyday after that.

Upvote 0
It's been months and months now and nothing, are any changes coming soon or at all?

I'm still enjoying RO2 a bit, but nothing like I could be - and the community seems quite hungry for some change here.

Could we just get a 'yes, it's going to happen soon', or a definitive 'no' so we can move on?

EDIT - Despite what some people have been saying on the forums, I still believe tripwire is going to make right on (what a lot of us seem to perceive as) their 'mistakes', especially regarding realism and some game mechanics.

Well, we've seen some changes (the automatic weapon classes restrictment, etc) but nothing too serious yet, probably because of all that had to be fixed. TWI is however, surely, aware of the requests in terms of gameplay changes from the community, specially since the pool they made.

In the coming months we'll probably see quite some changes and new content being produced, mainly new maps (specially with the SDK release. New maps are almost also mean gameplay changes as Ogledow has shown, changing the gameplay rythm completely), the online campaign, and probably some sort of new realism mode, otherwise the pool will prove itself pointless.

TWI has shown us that our word is not simply put aside, and they take it very much into account, so I think we can trust they will try to implement the most requested gameplay changes. This will take time though, and despite not much having changed content and gameplay wise, TWI has improved this game ALOT since release, and shown that they are willing to work to give us the best RO2 experience. This is IMO obviously. :)

Upvote 0
Unlikely that changes will be made to the actual gameplay itself.
I tried playing again, but hit reg, still remaining bugs, being 1-2 shot sniped by MGs, and just vapid nature of play made me quit the game in a few minutes.
I think I'm done with the game. I haven't uninstalled it yet. Not sure what to do.

Reactions: Cyper
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.