• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Are black soldiers going to have a different voice to white ones?

The Chocolate Jesus;n2289555 said:
That's not true at all. RO2/RS had 3 voice actors for each team. You can look it up.

I knew you had to edit my previous statement. On the actual battlefield there is one single voice at the time representing the soldiers of a single faction. Of course there are more voices if you don't use the native-voices etc. but it is always one voice per faction at the same time.

Upvote 0
nilsmoody;n2289563 said:
I knew you had to edit my previous statement. On the actual battlefield there is one single voice at the time representing the soldiers of a single faction. Of course there are more voices if you don't use the native-voices etc. but it is always one voice per faction at the same time.
Either this is a misunderstanding or you are still wrong. There are 3 German, 3 Russian, 3 Japanese and 3 American voice actors in RO2/RS. If I remember correctly there are even 3 different voice actors in the english version of RO2 simulating Russian and German accents.

Upvote 0
The Chocolate Jesus;n2289644 said:
Either this is a misunderstanding or you are still wrong. There are 3 German, 3 Russian, 3 Japanese and 3 American voice actors in RO2/RS. If I remember correctly there are even 3 different voice actors in the english version of RO2 simulating Russian and German accents.

Only 2 german and 2 russian I'm afraid. They cheated. They have 3 voice "packages". But 2 of them are copies of one another lol.

But yeah RS there's 3 each.

Upvote 0
nilsmoody;n2289563 said:

Pro tip.

Change audio quality from Low to high.

Suddenly there's a lot more voices.

Upvote 0
White voice? A black guy raised in the burbs surrounded by white middle America sounds like a middle American. A black guy raised in an area with that "black" voice just ended up picking up one of the many regional accents of the Country. Like Texas drawl, Minnesota wacko, Tennessean hick, West Virginia hill Billy, New York ehh whatever that is, or that thing like most of county calls no accent (which is in fact, an accent).

So having a black guy sound like most Americans is legit. Not to say including any of the regional accent differences would not be welcome. But calling that a white accent is wacko. What about natural born Americans of Asian decent? Sounds like everyone else around where I live.

Upvote 0
The Chocolate Jesus;n2289817 said:
I can say with 100% certainty that there are 3 German and 3 Russian native voice actors.

Agreed. I don't know what the heck Lemon is going on about but there are 3 audibly distinct voice actors for all factions.

The problem is that two Japanese actors have missing more than half their lines, but there's still three different ones.

Reactions: The Chocolate Jesus
Upvote 0
Flashburn;n2289945 said:
White voice? A black guy raised in the burbs surrounded by white middle America sounds like a middle American. A black guy raised in an area with that "black" voice just ended up picking up one of the many regional accents of the Country. Like Texas drawl, Minnesota wacko, Tennessean hick, West Virginia hill Billy, New York ehh whatever that is, or that thing like most of county calls no accent (which is in fact, an accent).

So having a black guy sound like most Americans is legit. Not to say including any of the regional accent differences would not be welcome. But calling that a white accent is wacko. What about natural born Americans of Asian decent? Sounds like everyone else around where I live.

https://www.quora.com/Why-are-black-peoples-voices-so-distinct

Their voices sound different. Yes, their accents can be similar (I have black friends) but you can always distinguish black from white

Upvote 0
Lemonater47;n2289969 said:
I was talking about the English ones. Got a little confusing there.

I took a look at the Localized voices just now, and it's pretty interesting.

At first glance it seems like three unique voices, but on closer inspection it could be possible that the third is just the second one slightly altering his pitch. The packages are definitely not copy/pasted though.

Upvote 0
RandomPerson78642;n2289996 said:
I took a look at the Localized voices just now, and it's pretty interesting.

At first glance it seems like three unique voices, but on closer inspection it could be possible that the third is just the second one slightly altering his pitch. The packages are definitely not copy/pasted though.

Well the file size is the exact same.

Upvote 0
d91028f5f9.png

?

Open them up real quick in the SDK, they're nowhere near identical.

Upvote 0