• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

April 21st RO2/RS Update Changelog

I'd use it to join the Allied team since I know that the Allied team turnover rate tends to be abysmally high, especially on Axis-dominated servers. So, if I join the Allied team now, I can just ride through the rough seas ahead, instead of creating those rough seas while on Axis and then switching over to clean up the mess that I contributed to making, if that makes sense. Allies lose far too much on non-Russian servers, I feel.

Upvote 0
And then everything changed, when the reconisance planes crashed.
2014_04_20_00003_by_the_ghost_of_razgriz-d7fhby2.jpg

Upvote 0
Yeah. Props to whomever reported it! I don't understand the mentality of only ever playing one team. It seems like there might be some crazy nationalism (possibly racism?) behind it.

No, its nothing like that. The axis weapons are better, especially the MG, their uniforms look cooler and they have better color pattern for the urban maps, the more experienced players always join the axis, the axis team win in 90% of the time in non russian based servers. Whats the point to join in the Allies team then? The name of the each team doesn't matter. If the teams were Red and Blue, it would be the same. The ONLY way to somehow balance the team pick is to make it non selectable by the player - the game will automatically select the team for each player on random so both teams will be filled with equal number of players. After that, even if someone changes his team, that would be probably 1-2 players max because the auto balance is not allowing more unbalance than 1-3 players. But if you have player picked team, you will see unbalanced team, the game and the factions fighting doesn't matter - the players will see which faction have even slight advantages or which side drags the better players and they will always go for this side, either its germans, russians, red, blue, terrorists, spec ops, insurgents, marines, it doesn't matter.

Maybe TWI should try to do it this way for a month or so, to see the results. God damn, even I am tired of seing Axis team always wins thread almost every single week..

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The axis weapons are better, especially the MG, their uniforms look cooler and they have better color pattern for the urban maps.

G41 is complete CRAP and every soldier in the world would pick SVT-40 instead every day. (Thanks to this rifle Germans finally realized how semi-automatic rifle should look like and they copied SVT-40s gas mechanism into their G43s.)

MP-40.. well since half of "German" submachineguns were PPSh-41s in Stalingrad I think it's clear that PPSh-41 is far superior. Only case where MP-40 is better then PPSh is for recon units (until PPS-42 came of course, gun that is considered to be best SMG of WW2)

MG-34 - in the game it's better because there is no reliability simulated. MG-34 (unlike MG-42) had reliability problems in Stalingrad. DP-27 had great reliability. Besides I know people who prefer DP-27 over MG-34 because of it's sights.

Mosin and Mauser is nearly identical so it's funny claiming one is better then another.

About uniforms - Soviets have white coats in snow Germans are green-gray (great camo!). Only thing you are right is that many people think nazis are cool.

My friend for example has 1000+ hours in RO2 and he definitely do not prefer Germans over Soviets.. I have 500+ hours and I prefer Soviets. One of the reasons is they have superior weapons :).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
G41 is complete CRAP and every soldier in the world would pick SVT-40 every day instead.

MP-40.. well since half of "German" submachineguns were PPSh-41s in Stalingrad I think it's clear that PPSh-41 is far superior. Only thing MP-40 is better then PPSh is for recon units (until PPS-42 came of course, gun that is considered to be best SMG of WW2)

MG-34 - in the game it's better because there is no reliability simulated. MG-34 (unlike MG-42) had reliability problems in Stalingrad. DP-27 had great reliability. Besides I know people who prefer DP-27 over MG-34 because of it's sights.

Mosin and Mauser is nearly identical so it's funny claiming one is better then another.

About uniforms - Soviets have white coats in snow Germans are green-gray (great camo!). Only thing you are right is that many people think nazis are cool.

My friend for example has 1000+ hours in RO2 and he definitely do not prefer Germans over Soviets.. I have 500+ hours and I prefer Soviets.

dont forget about very good and very german pzb :p

Upvote 0
Only thing you are right is that many people think nazis are cool.
Guys, please calm your tits here, we shouldn't make generalizations here.
For instance I definitely prefer the MP-40 and the MG-34, but that sure is not a reason to pick axis all the time... "Auto-Team select" is my favourite team for sure.

Anyway, I'm glad that this is fixed (yes, fixed).

Upvote 0
Guys, please calm your tits here, we shouldn't make generalizations here.
For instance I definitely prefer the MP-40 and the MG-34, but that sure is not a reason to pick axis all the time... "Auto-Team select" is my favourite team for sure.

Anyway, I'm glad that this is fixed (yes, fixed).

prefer mp40? why, it doesnt have anything better than PPSh in IOM. Conversely, PPSh is much better in everything

Upvote 0