• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

April 21st RO2/RS Update Changelog

Actually the person that reported this bug was a Hero... of Stalingrad... or the Pacific... :) Seriously though, this bug resulted in teams being way unbalanced very often and circumventing team balance. Which means you could see 38 players on one team and 28 players on the other. That's no fun for most players.

Yeah. Props to whomever reported it! I don't understand the mentality of only ever playing one team. It seems like there might be some crazy nationalism (possibly racism?) behind it.

Upvote 0
Well, considering that Ro2 is not that different from any other mainstream FPS title in terms of visual content (don't start *****ing about "it is different from any other game"), you will excuse me that a weight of around 30gbs is a bit UNUSUAL ok?
The mainstream FPS titles compress their data (and have lower quality textures and audio files) a lot to reduce the install size to fit on console platforms. It increases the frequency and length of loading, reduce the overall level size (SP or MP levels) and increase the CPU load.

Meanwhile, RO2 + RS weights 22 GB, contains localized and native audio by default. It has boatloads of very large (much larger than initially planned for the Unreal Engine 3) and detailed levels (same level of detail on the boundaries and at the center). Also, with RS and the contest maps, we probably reached 30 different maps (can't check atm, currently updating).

I understand 22 GB is a lot to download for people with capped Internet access, but it's not an outrageous amount of data when you look at other games (nb: you can download it once, burn it on DVDs with or w/o the Steam Backup feature ; install it again/on another computer, swap the files, verify the files, and greatly reduce the overall download required).

Regarding storing, with a full TB now well under $100, having enough HDD space isn't an issue here.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Haha, looks like our resident Wehrmacht affectionados will have to play Russian a little more often :p

No, i'm not the resident wermacht aficionado, I'm the self-proclaimed resident japanese army, satchel , binoculars and melee trolling aficionado...

However i have to admit it was useful to switch to the german side in the multiplayer campaign...:D

However, I think that it may balance more the campaigns and even instruct more noobs, because skilled players that don't want to play with a noob team on MP campaign, will be often forced to do it, and if they really want to win...they'll use the mic in a constructive way:)

Upvote 0
Well it's all fine and dandy regarding that spectator bug being fixed BUT, how are a bunch of 5 friends are going to play together now ?

Friend 1 pick one team, then all other friends wait... oh, someone joined the other team, quick friend 2, join friend 1's team !

Friend 3, friend 4 and friend 5 are now waiting...

See the problem ?

I've got plenty of friends who aren't good at RO2/RS at all, they would like to follow me, live awesome moments with me on the battlefield, die from the same grenade or flamethrower while doing a high-pitched scream on mumble, causing a good amount of laughs and jokes between us.

Sadly, it's very hard to get everyone on the same team, let alone the same squad. I guess the waiting and waiting game is back... :s

ps: the rest of the update is fantastic (tanks bug fixes !) and I can't wait to try it out, don't get me wrong. Here I'm just talking about the 'joining team' part.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The guy who reported this feature is a damn moron. If something is working fine, just shut your dirty mouth. Now we all have to spam the hell outa the axis logo and wait until there's a free spot or someone joins the Allies. The removal of this feature won't make the people to join the team they don't like, it will just make more people to wait instead to play :mad:

I hope you're trolling here. If not, you should feel bad.

Upvote 0
Just want to say thank you for all the hard work guys.

It's taken a long time, but finally the game is where most of us wish it was upon release and we know even in more time it will pan out to be how RO was.

RO didn't happen over night, even months, or even a year or so and for us who have been with RO since it was a mod know it took a few years to even become a game let alone get to where we all enjoyed it so much.

RO2 is now well on its way to becoming the game we've all been waiting for. Thanks again guys for all the support for the game and keep up the good work.

Upvote 0