• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

PC Apex Intro/ Cutscene Information Gathering

Kittenmittens

Tripwire Interactive Community Team
Staff member
Information we are in need of to help us further investigate reports of issues with apex intros/ cutscenes:

• Gamepass, Steam, or Epic?
  • What story cutscene or apex predator intro are you having issues with?
  • Describe what happens.
  • What are your system specs?
  • Which operating system are you on? Be sure to include if 64 or 32 versrion.
  • Are drivers up to date?
  • Any video would also be appreciated.

Thank you so much for your support and patience as we try to gather more information to work towards a fix.

Last edited:
Reactions: erageee
first apex predator(assuming issue is the same with the rest but cant unlock to test)
game soft freezes i guess you could say as i can still use the escape key to quit to main menu
os is windows 10x64
drivers are up to date
cant attach a video the website wont allow for some reason can make another if needed

Attachments

• specs.png
    specs.png
    49.9 KB · Views: 7
Upvote 0
I'm playing the Xbox Gamepass version of the game,
It happened during every Apex Predator fight I've done, but I've been able to bypass the bug by returning to main menu and going back into my save, sometimes multiple times over. The only Apex this has not worked for is the Apex Great White.

I get the mission to fight the Apex and go to the area to fight it in. Once I reach the area though, instead of the cutscene playing like it's supposed to, my camera stays in the same position it was while it was following my shark, but the shark disappears. The cutscene music still plays, followed by the title given to the Apex, but the narration doesn't play nor does the cutscene itself. Any other creatures nearby are stuck in place with their animations playing, and if a fish is highlighted the highlight remains.

Specs are in an image below, and my drivers are up to date.

Attachments

• PC Specs.png
    PC Specs.png
    7 KB · Views: 5
  • Bug.png
    Bug.png
    379.2 KB · Views: 7
Upvote 0
I'm playing the Xbox Gamepass version of the game,
It happened during every Apex Predator fight I've done, but I've been able to bypass the bug by returning to main menu and going back into my save, sometimes multiple times over. The only Apex this has not worked for is the Apex Great White.

I get the mission to fight the Apex and go to the area to fight it in. Once I reach the area though, instead of the cutscene playing like it's supposed to, my camera stays in the same position it was while it was following my shark, but the shark disappears. The cutscene music still plays, followed by the title given to the Apex, but the narration doesn't play nor does the cutscene itself. Any other creatures nearby are stuck in place with their animations playing, and if a fish is highlighted the highlight remains.

Specs are in an image below, and my drivers are up to date.
how many times did you reload the fight ive reloaded atleast 10 and cant pass the first one

Upvote 0
For me it's the apex barracuda cant even progress the story cause of it, love this game and would really like it fixed asap so I can stream it again :/
try not holding sprint when entering the area not sure if im getting lucky or maybe thats whats happening but it normally freezes once then id reload and sprint until im close to the boss (like 150-200M) then just simply slow swim and the cut scenes worked for the 3 ive just fought trying again on the next one

Reactions: Mrsoup22
Upvote 0
try not holding sprint when entering the area not sure if im getting lucky or maybe thats whats happening but it normally freezes once then id reload and sprint until im close to the boss (like 150-200M) then just simply slow swim and the cut scenes worked for the 3 ive just fought trying again on the next one
Will try that! I've also heard putting it into window mode helps as well

Upvote 0
Information we are in need of to help us further investigate reports of issues with apex intros/ cutscenes:

• Describe what happens.

Thank you so much for your support and patience as we try to gather more information to work towards a fix.
Screenshot (1).png
sorry bout the large pic.
apex barracuda. it'll freeze the screen and zoom in on nothing the only way to break out is to go to main menu

Upvote 0

• Describe what happens.

- GamePass.
- Apex Hammerhead.
- Get close to the location (150m-ish) and the cutscene inititates without the Hammerhead. Text pops up, then freezes in place with animations running in background (e.g. bubbles, seaweed).
- Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8750H CPU @ 2.20GHz, 2201 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s)
Video: Nvidia 1060Ti 6GB
RAM: 12GB
- Windows 10 Home 64
- Drivers updated.

Upvote 0

• Describe what happens.

I'm using gamepass, it's the apex barracuda, as soon as I swim into the area where it spawns the screen freezes all I can do is pause the game, not sure what my system specs are, I'm on windows 10, divers should be (not a tech guy so I don't know how to check)

Upvote 0
Hi,
Im stuck at Apex Barracuda, the “APEX BARRACUDA” screen pops up with the music and the game flow goes on (fishes, grass, water etc moves and lives) but the camera stuck at the place and I can’t do anything but press option and exit to main manu.
I’ve tried approaching from different locations but there is no way I can proceed to the fight or whatever happens after the apex screen.
So I have left with no choice but keep on free roaming 🙁.
I’m currently at level 19 and Im starting to get bored since I cant continue the story.
Couldn’t find any way to bypass that bug.
Please patch it asap this game is unique and funny 😆.
Have a good day.

Upvote 0