• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

PC Apex Intro/ Cutscene Information Gathering

• Gamepass, Steam, or Epic? Steam
  • What story cutscene or apex predator intro are you having issues with? Apex Barracuda -- the only apex quest I've found
  • Describe what happens. Swim from Lake Grotto to Quest, "Apex Barracuda" words trigger and appear on the screne and game gets stuck. Sometimes I can fight the barracuda before the words, sometimes the words appear as I get close. Tried it windowed, full screen, approaching from different angles--game gets stuck. I can still open the menu and quit to main or desktop. The game itself just stops progressing even though I can still hear sound effects.
  • What are your system specs/OS/drivers? See pic
  • 1626281806436.png
  • Any video would also be appreciated. -
    - I can open and close the menu no problem and interact with the settings but not the game.

Upvote 0
  • Gamepass, Steam, or Epic? Steam
  • What story cutscene or apex predator intro are you having issues with? Apex Barracuda -- the only apex quest I've found
  • Describe what happens. Swim from Lake Grotto to Quest, "Apex Barracuda" words trigger and appear on the screne and game gets stuck. Sometimes I can fight the barracuda before the words, sometimes the words appear as I get close. Tried it windowed, full screen, approaching from different angles--game gets stuck. I can still open the menu and quit to main or desktop. The game itself just stops progressing even though I can still hear sound effects.
  • What are your system specs/OS/drivers? See pic
  • View attachment 2336403
  • Any video would also be appreciated. -
    - I can open and close the menu no problem and interact with the settings but not the game.
I got my game to progress through the apex baracuda quest back to the bayou and approaching the area from that direction with these settings: 1626720084555.png
Don't know if it was the settings or the direction I traveled that made the difference.

Upvote 0
I'm playing on Steam and I believe this is the second time I had an issue with Apex predators. Can't remember the previous one, but now with the Hammerhead. I was swimming towards the area, and at about 160m left the screen pops up, but without a shark and just stays on showing Apex Hammerhead text. Happened twice now already so can't progress.

Necessary specs (Speccy)

Operating System
Windows 10 Home 64-bit​
CPU
Intel Core i5 6600K @ 3.50GHz​
Skylake 14nm Technology​
RAM
8,00GB Dual-Channel Unknown @ 1063MHz (14-14-14-35)​
Motherboard
MSI B150M BAZOOKA (MS-7982) (U3E1)​
Graphics
C24F390 (1920x1080@60Hz)​
3071MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB (MSI)​

Also, cant even insert a normal print screen of my specs or the game..

Upvote 0