anyway to use custom sounds online?

• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Capt.Marion

FNG / Fresh Meat
Feb 12, 2006
Beantown
if it is like ambient sounds or in-level music (like for radios) you can just import those into your "myLevel" package and they will automatically go with the map and will use the sounds...

d3v

FNG / Fresh Meat
Apr 5, 2006
To answer the question, yes.. you create a mutator using your soundpack, and have it installed on the server.
Everyone connecting to the server will download the mutator, and will hear teh same sounds.

So the all clients will hear the sound pack by just automaticly downloading the mutator? Woulden't they have to download the soundpack too???

Zetsumei

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 22, 2005
Falmouth UK
yes but everything can just be compressed and added on the redirect so the download goes quickly (just like map downloads) Some people might remember the downloads of goatswood in the mod. textures of 40mb map of 40 mb sounds of 40 mb something like that :p

d3v

FNG / Fresh Meat
Apr 5, 2006
yes but everything can just be compressed and added on the redirect so the download goes quickly (just like map downloads) Some people might remember the downloads of goatswood in the mod. textures of 40mb map of 40 mb sounds of 40 mb something like that :p

well in some of the sound packages, I've only edited a few of the wav's within them so is there anyway to only upload the ones I've edited and have them automaticly-integrate into the package otherwise the soundpack is gonna be huge.

Mine is 40mb and 75% of that space is unedited, original defaults.