• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Anyone modeling single weapons?

Bennanteno

Grizzled Veteran
Oct 7, 2007
I am relatively new to the forums and I am not sure how I would find this with the search feature, so I'll ask here. Is anyone creating infantry weapons for RO? I know that there are weapons planned in mods, but I see people creating new content like vehicles and AT guns independent of these mods. Is anyone doing this for infantry weapons, like a nagant revolver or a maxim MMG?

Not really.
The guys from AZH - or Minion Works or however they call themselfs now - are working on a package including new vehicles and static guns, like the SdKfz. 251/22 or the KV-1 tank.
New infantry weapons will only be included in the big mods, what would be Mare Nostrum(british weapons), Darkest Hour(american weapons) and Carpathion Crosses(weapons used by Romania). Don't really know about the other mods, but they seem the be relative inactive ATM.

Upvote 0
Why do you think the mods are inactive?

They have shown a lot of stuff and quality needs time ...
Yes, wuality needs time - but the RO community is short on modders and most are working for the three big mods. And I haven't really seen anything from Iron Europe or Aztec Empire in the last months, so I guess they have to be rather inactive ATM.
Think they will become really active when we get new modders/modders no longer needed for the other mods.

Upvote 0
But the question stands ... why is everybody "only" making vehicles? Give the foot soldiers new toys too. Why did the devs decide to do vehicles and AT guns ...?

I am trying to be rude but give us an answer :p

Rough guess, IMHO, rigging and animating a basic vehicle is significantly easier on the animation path then for a infantry small arm.
Plus I can look at the SDK and find all the bones I need to do for a tank.. the player rig is alot more complicated to me anyhow..

.. plus tanks are cool.. hehe

Upvote 0