• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Anyone have the random map mutator?

It works and it is fantastic!

Simply add "ServerActors=MutRandomMap.MutRandomMap" to your KillingFloor.ini file.

Then copy MutRandomMap.ini, MutRandomMap.int, and MutRandomMap.u to your KFServer\System directory.

Now open your MutRandomMap.ini file. There is an example of how this works without any mutators enabled. Delete everything but the first line, which should read "[MutRandomMap.MutRandomMap]".

Now for each map that you input you will need it to read as follows:

aAllMaps=KF-AbusementPark?game=KFmod.KFGameType

Now if you want want to add a mutator to do it just like this:

aAllMaps=KF-AbusementPark?game=KFmod.KFGameType?Mutator=MutKFAntiBlocker.MutKFAntiBlocker

For additional mutators separate them with commas. It's just like how it is set up in your kf_server_launcher.bat.

Now how can we benefit from this? I personally run 2 servers and I leave every map available for voting, which amounts to 308 of them at this moment. If your server becomes empty then one of those maps will be randomly chosen, and it may be something that will not appeal to anyone at all. Then even those people who do view empty servers will likely not join it.

So I simply add in the more popular ROMs so that hopefully there is a better chance of someone always wanting to join my server whenever it becomes empty.

Anyway, I am really digging this mutator, and I hope everyone else does as well.

Upvote 0
Now if someone can figure out if there is a way to add a delay that would be pretty sweet. I would like people to have a chance to vote for the next map and mut rather than it automatically selecting something I have added to the list. Or maybe even only have it change maps when the server is empty. Instead it changes maps immediately after the game is over.

Upvote 0