• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Anyone else randomly exploding?

Once it literally happened to me in the actual objective cap zone, I ducked behind a wall for cover and SPLAT, randomly died and a message flashed on my screen for half a second, all I caught was the word "protected"

It's happened to me a bunch of times in a bunch of different maps in completely random areas, and it is confusing also annoying as hell.

Last edited:
You're entering protected areas and the game, at the moment, is not very good of informing the player and/or giving them enough time to move out of it.

With regard to the cap-zone, protected areas can change when objectives change hands. I think the following quote sums up your experience:

"Why take yourself to the protected zone, when the protected zone can come to you?"

Upvote 0
Hey just dont enter the protected area you spawn camper :D

Problem is there is a delay in the spawns moving to the next, like a huge delay, map says they have moved but they dont.

Last week I ran in to cap along with about 5 other guys and one by one we just popped, no warning or anything, it was just like something out of Event Horizon.

Last edited:
Upvote 0