• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

Anyone else randomly exploding?

Ravemind

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 21, 2010
Australia
Once it literally happened to me in the actual objective cap zone, I ducked behind a wall for cover and SPLAT, randomly died and a message flashed on my screen for half a second, all I caught was the word "protected"

It's happened to me a bunch of times in a bunch of different maps in completely random areas, and it is confusing also annoying as hell.

Last edited:

Ravemind

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 21, 2010
Australia
So one wall of cover inside one of the objectives in a map I can't remember which is a protected spawn area?

It happens completely at random, often around the middle of the map, not even remotely close to the enemy spawn.

Fiennes

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 9, 2011
You're entering protected areas and the game, at the moment, is not very good of informing the player and/or giving them enough time to move out of it.

With regard to the cap-zone, protected areas can change when objectives change hands. I think the following quote sums up your experience:

"Why take yourself to the protected zone, when the protected zone can come to you?"

CrazyFingers

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 14, 2011
Canada
Protected area should be visible on the map because it is frustrating when you go into one and you didn't know.

B4$$TarD

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 8, 2011
Sydney, Australia
IDK if this is the thing you're referring to, but it sometimes happens that the zone you are attacking suddenly gets "protected" when the enemy team captures a vital zone (e.g you're attacking the Mess Hall on 'Barracks', and the Russians capture the NCO Barracks - happened to me a couple of times)

Slecht

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 15, 2011
Holland
It's irritating for sure, sometimes, you fight your way to the enemy area and when finally there the area dissapears because the enemy captures another area and you get the message ''protected area'', which doesn't even give you enough time to get away.

Stahlhelmii

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 16, 2011
TWI has proven the theory of spontaneous combustion. You should be honored to have had a small part in it. :D

BigPickle51

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 8, 2011
Hey just dont enter the protected area you spawn camper :D
Problem is there is a delay in the spawns moving to the next, like a huge delay, map says they have moved but they dont.

Last week I ran in to cap along with about 5 other guys and one by one we just popped, no warning or anything, it was just like something out of Event Horizon.

Last edited: