• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server any server tools available to address afk players?

G_Sajer

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 4, 2011
Minnesota
:confused:

This is something that has recently become a problem, and up until now I had no reason to look into it. So I'm sorry if it has been addressed previously. Is there any tool in the.ini files or the server admin tools that can deal with players who spend prolonged periods afk?

In ROGame.ini
[Engine.GameInfo]
MaxIdleTime=0.000000
bKickLiveIdlers=False

I don't know if those variables are related, if they work, how they work together or even if they were intended for the purpose. I quickly searched wiki.beyondunreal.com and found the variables, but little information on how to use them.

You probably know about the dedicated server wiki: http://wiki.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php/RO2_Dedicated_Server

Last edited:
Upvote 0
:confused:

This is something that has recently become a problem, and up until now I had no reason to look into it. So I'm sorry if it has been addressed previously. Is there any tool in the.ini files or the server admin tools that can deal with players who spend prolonged periods afk?

Max idle time in the web admin

Attachments

• idle.jpg
    idle.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
:rolleyes:

Boy. This is going to be an inexact science. Tried a setting of two minutes foolishly assuming the clock would not start ticking until the round started.
Folks seemed to be getting kicked while downloading maps. So... factoring in the abyssmal broadband some folks are still using, I wonder if a five minute setting would be precarious?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
:)

After a certain amount of screwing around, I have actually gotten this
to work . I settled on a 240 second timer. And it's absolutely neccessary to change to bKickLiveIdlers=True Otherwise there will be no effect. It DOES appear that the timer begins at the moment the character is placed on the map.

I'm trying this on one server until I'm sure there are no unforeseen problems.

Last edited:
Upvote 0