• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Any Metallers here?

THG repo said:
DEATH TO METAL!

HOUSE MUSIC FOR EVER!

"their is only house music"
"house music, what other kinds of music are their"

It's "there", if your music taste didn't suck you might not make grammar mistakes. I would like you to please refrain from commenting on this discussion of the music genre known as metal unless you can contribute to it.

I like just about anything as long as it sounds good to me when i'm listening to it.

Upvote 0
THG repo said:
NOOOOO you ignored me!

House music has hotter chics and better music.

Uhm.. Okie dokie.

Yeah, I'm a metal fan alright. Though, I've been much more into it a few months ago than I am now. Studying is such a big part of my life now, I can't always fit in the music. But of course I still listen to metal. I'm probably what you would call a gut grinding death metal fan. :)

Upvote 0
What I meant is music that is trying to achieve nothing other than being really loud and stupid. It makes me laugh that a lot of the fans seem to mimic the music in that sense.

I don't mean all metal music is bad -- I just think a lot of it is rather dumb.

I guess I should have thought about the level of understanding the people I was talking would have to before making such a comment. I apologise.

It's probably because English isn't your first language (though you speak it very well), but I would have thought it would be obvious that the text in my signature is deliberately grammatically erroneous. This is intended to be humorous. If you don't find it so, I can't say I'm unduly bothered.

Upvote 0
Lizardhands said:
What I meant is music that is trying to achieve nothing other than being really loud and stupid. It makes me laugh that a lot of the fans seem to mimic the music in that sense.

I guess I should have thought about the level of understanding the people I was talking would have to before making such a comment. I apologise.

It's probably because English isn't your first language (though you speak it very well), but I would have thought it would be obvious that the text in my signature is deliberately grammatically erroneous. This is intended to be humorous. If you don't find it so, I can't say I'm unduly bothered.

1. Ah well, I must have misread your post. But -
I do not agree that alot of bands are trying to get through with a "metal"/hard image. It's sopposed to be their image. It's sopposed to entertain, make us feel, make us enjoy their music.
It's like going to a carnival dressed in suits, it's not entertaining then.

2. You're right, english isen't my first language. But I still don't get the joke..

Upvote 0
Lizardhands said:
The kind of metal that seems to be heavy for heavy's sake, and the kind of people that like it, amuse me.
As with any genre of music you have most bands who are unoriginal and are just trying to follow whatever's hot with zero inspiration or creativity of their own (hey this band tunes to B so we have to tune lower then we'll be "brutal-er". "Hey this bands drummer does 280bpm we need to do 320 OK? durrr."). Then you have a smaller number of bands that are above average but not great...then you have the select few that are considered milestones of insurmountable acheivement & inspiration. These are the ones to look for.

Upvote 0
Lizardhands said:

Ok I've got some theories. Please bare with me, it's rather late :)

I seriously believe you've seen some weird ppl listen to music.:) The metal community is great and espescially with serious and well respected bands, the problem for someone like you is to identify which scenes/bands aren't dog $**** to be honest, and not judge the whole scene thereafter as so many do. I used to think Meshuggah were really bad before I understood metal at all, little did I know they were to become amongst my favourite band of all time. Maybe I'm right in believing metal is an aquired state of mind and only a few manages to reach there. It's really an easily misunderstood genre. Too bad that people fell they can elaborate on something they know, well, **** all about in regards to music whilst going 'Oh, I dont know much about wine so I cant really say anything about it'.

I've got the same problem with techno music or any other really mainstream music. Personally I think they're all posers and they have little respect for what music really is. Rap for an instance, I respect proper rap, not the cheap MTV type of it. Rap is really poesi rather than skilled musicians creating music like good metalers do, and to day that any popular mtvish artist is a musician - well that's just ignorance.

Some classical music and opera is also something that me and my friends really respect because of the great deal of skill it takes, honestly I've got several albums of classics here and no one would make fun of that if they know what they talk about. In fact, in my high schools culture club there were more metal people that non metal people going to the operas and whatnot.

I'll tell you, on all the occations I've seen really good bands I've always felt right at home and the people are amongst the best I've ever seen - I truly believe that within death metal, thrash metal, and others, have fantastic fans that actually know what music is all about.

*sign* why am I writing this:confused: geez, gotta be late

//laters all

edit: It's a really interesting subject actually, it's a shame people contribute in a pathetic effort to establish their favourites as THE proper music.../way

Last edited:
Upvote 0