• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Any chance of re-doing the animations?

P.Mayne

Jun 23, 2006
I been playing ROOST since it came out and I've finally joined the forums becuase I was playing the excellent snowy forest custom map and I kept seeing my teammates in the artillary blast pits firing at the enemy, ducking, popping up again to fire, ducking down for cover, rising up and firing and I thought, my god, how amazing would this look if the animations looked really realistic?

SO my question is, would you guys be willing to improve the animations for a more fluid and realistic look or maybe even hire a motion capture studio to get them perfect?

If anyone has seen the R6: Vegas E3 videos, you'll see what I mean about how life-like animations add to the experiance. They mo-capped your teammates entry animation and it looked bloody INCREDIBLE! I actually screamed out a sign of joy when I saw this.

i was actually impressed with the animations in this game when i first played it, and am pretty much still.. what exactly do you think sucks with the current animations?:confused:
try watching people put on and off their bayonets, or the mg reloading, you see exactly what you see when you do this stuff, but then on another character, and i was like, wow, never seen that before. i love the leaning anims too, and the sprinting. allthough there might be a bit more crouched sprinting, i dont think there is much difference in doing that. maybe make crouched sprinting a bit lower, and add a chance of tripping and falling over ( this could be done i think, just make people prone when they do hasty turning around or something. crouched sprinting is intensive and youre balance is a bit off, at least with me :rolleyes: )

Upvote 0
Cordite said:
yea i never really said which ones in my other post, the walking animations

the first person and weapon reloading animations are all great, just the walking animations that are weird.
YehYehYeh!!! i HATE the walking animation, not when we run, its all wonderful, but the walking animations is so!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! terrible, You who made this animation, REDONE!!!, you have to redone it,:( its so ugly my God plz redone this, when they run its nice, but when they are just shoting without using the ironsights...TERRIBLE!!! PLZ Redone!!!!:(:(:(:(:(

Upvote 0
gonzman said:
Quite alot of stuff about RO that could use a fix up gets denied by forum goers as an "engine limitation", this doesen't mean it's impossible to change.
Well, no. But it does mean it takes more time and effort than it's worth to change.

Personally these animations look okay, but I've not played a game with better ones, so I've no point of comparision.

Upvote 0