• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Anticipation for Christmas Update

Will you buy the two new weapons for the Christmas Update?

• Yes, if they are good and/or fun and worth the cost they are charging.

Votes: 7 35.0%
  • No, unless they are priced less than their proposed charging price.

Votes: 10 50.0%
  • No, unless the purchase rewards me more generously than 5 skins

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, unless they are free DLC again.

Votes: 4 20.0%

• Total voters

Breadsticks_

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 5, 2018
Its all on our minds, let's be real. The weapons, boss and objective map has been announced earlier than we probably wanted. I am very much hoping that she'll be a difficult boss that adds something new. These two weapons (Mosin Nagant and G18C w/ Riot Shield) are weapons we waited years for and I am anxious about the weapons, not because they are bad (we haven't tried them or seen them in action as of posting) but because of financial reasons. If the pricing is going to be the same as the previous DLC, and I doubt it will not change, you will be looking at £32/$40 for four weapons over two seasonal events. I bought the game discounted for £15 on PS4, and they are pricing one weapon for almost just as much of my real dosh. I can say with confidence that the first HRG weapons in my opinion were a good addition for fun factor and mechanical variety, but dropping the weapons from three to two (understandably because of new boss) and the concepts being a little bit far fetched is a concern to say the least. I hope the Spitifire V2 puts more emphasis on the GS perk tree revolving around body shots, since the focus is freezing zeds. I also hope that the Railgun V2 is actually a viable healing option for the medic, and if not, how it fairs on the selfish FM perk tree. What do you lot think and what are your thoughts going into it after our first season with paid DLC?

i skipped on the last two paid dlc since i didnt really feel either weapon brought much new to the table (nothing beats bone crusher for zerker and my 2x DE, AF2011, 1x 1911 build works so great for me on GS). but these weapons actually look really good this time. weapons that actually look different enough to mix things up. hopefully the mosin is an SS x 'Zerk crossperk. (and i think it would be particularly interesting on the Zerker)
but that SWAT glock and shield though, i have been waiting for this a long time and would probably be my new SWAT must have weapon, so yeah i actually have reason to buy these guns.
cant really comment on the HRG weapons until i tried it later on.

I am also really excited to see the Matriarch boss and how she will play. especially after the rather underwhelming abomination boss before her.
(might buy the first 2 DLC guns on the holiday sale though maybe)

Upvote 0
i skipped on the last two paid dlc since i didnt really feel either weapon brought much new to the table (nothing beats bone crusher for zerker and my 2x DE, AF2011, 1x 1911 build works so great for me on GS). but these weapons actually look really good this time. weapons that actually look different enough to mix things up. hopefully the mosin is an SS x 'Zerk crossperk. (and i think it would be particularly interesting on the Zerker)
but that SWAT glock and shield though, i have been waiting for this a long time and would probably be my new SWAT must have weapon, so yeah i actually have reason to buy these guns.
cant really comment on the HRG weapons until i tried it later on.

I am also really excited to see the Matriarch boss and how she will play. especially after the rather underwhelming abomination boss before her.
(might buy the first 2 DLC guns on the holiday sale though maybe)

I personally won't buy the weapons due to them being so expensive, but since they are weapons that have been demanded for so long, it is certainly considered now. I doubt we'd get it, but I would like to see a couple changes come to the Sharpshooter perk to make it more separate from the Gunslinger perk and make the weapons feel more identifiable to SS, an example of this being I use the winchester and the centre fire far more on the GS than the SS because of the overall effectiveness and damage output being better than the original perk holder.

Upvote 0
I've been thinking about the price.

If they half it to $5 they only make the same amount of money if twice the people by it. Which is a lot to bank on, especially when paid weapons come out more often. I think they are targeting the core crowd who will put the money down even if the price is high.

Personally, I see it a bit like a donation. 10$ is too much even if it's a fun good weapon, I wouldn't do it if I didn't respect Tripwire for being very transparent and (seemingly) consumer focused.

That being said. I am much more excited about these guns than the last weapons (though the ion thruster is pretty fun).

Upvote 0
All the support and extra stuff TWI does for this game, and did for KF1.. I dont mind paying 5dosh now and then for some DLC stuff.
All the inputs the community has, all the work they put into improving stuff all time... Sometimes it takes time but... come on...

Its not even noticeable comparing to what you need to pay for other games.

Keep it up TWI... Killing floor 1/2 has been my favourite game for probably 10+- years and still is :)

Upvote 0
No, I can't afford. I have very small income. I'll just enjoy game with free content.

Even though, devs changed it and decided to go with paid DLC idea, which didn't make me happy, I'm still grateful for them, because they keep this game updated and didn't abandon it, like some other devs do. I'll continue playing this game, just with free content.

Reactions: manoleirando
Upvote 0