• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Anticipation for 2020 Summer Update

Breadsticks_

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 5, 2018
Now that the "Neon Nightmare" Spring Update is finished, we have some downtime before the Summer Update. Other than the new Map and weapons, I thought I could use this platform to hear what everyone else would like to see happen or something new that could be introduced to make gameplay more interesting.

I myself have made a post a while back saying what new weapons and changes could be made to certain Zeds and Bosses.

Other than zed weapon and perk changes, I thought that Endless mode could also see some new quality of life changes.
Being able to have the option to leave endless mode after beating a boss as if you had finished the game could be a good addition as it could reward you similarly to beating a survival mode, and the reward being more rewarding the longer you survive.
A leaderboard system to be introduced as well could be a good competitive introduction for endless, after a set time of either a week or a month, that leaderboard could be reset and you can be rewarded based on your position on the leaderboard, the reward being Vault Dosh, weapon skins or cosmetics.

But in terms of the summer map that will be released, what would everyone like to see happen?

I am imagining that the moon map will happen, following Lockheart and the steampunk story. (But tbh I don't really want an official moon map as we'll just see another Horzine Map). But instead, I was thinking that either this update or at least the next Spring Update to reintroduce Hillbilly Horror and the associated skins. Actually moving on from from one of the seasonal skins or at minimum giving the spring update a seasonal skin.
Some of the potential new maps could be:
A church & graveyard (With an underground level of numerous tombs and a ton of potential to bring in traps)
A factory or Refinery (A lot of vertical movement and narrow tunnels that can bring high risk/reward)
An abandoned Gold Mine (An open map with numerous cave entrances down to the mines and a usable minecart)

The seasonal weapons that will be introduced, what would you like to see?

I think as a general focus point, I would like to see more love for SWAT and Survivalist.
I want to see more unique weapons come out for SWAT that actually offer something different beyond a larger magazine and fire-rate.
And I like the idea of these hybrid weapons for Survivalist (Freezethrower and Killowatt). The mentality that the Survivalist brings more crowd control and utility instead of bringing someone else's weapons I think can actually bring something new and exciting.

Makeshift weapons, I made a post about this because I think getting away from all the ‘futuristic’ weapons that we’ve been getting lately would be nice.

This. It feels like they were going that route with the berserker (and slightly with the firebug too) then suddenly backpedaled to make the former the all-around melee perk, while the later got bigger, better and overall more modern weaponry as updates rolled.

I think they can coexist. You could even be quite creative with makeshift weaponry as well! Think what you want of Sunset Overdrive, but they clearly went overboard with their guns. Most of them being pretty creative. I'm not asking for "bowling ball launcher" levels of insanity. But a handgun that fires fireworks? Why the **** not.

Upvote 0
Eeeeh... ain't gonna lie. The hillbilly event in the first game was the one I liked the least. Mostly because I didn't get why and how it was Halloween-themed.

Bringing it back for Spring would probably be smarter (since the "cyberpunk" trope is obviously something Tripwire didn't delve too deep into). But still, if I'm not mistaken, KF2 takes place mostly in Europe...So why would we see hillbillies?

Let's forget that too for a second, since we got maps themed around steampunk, christmas or even space... Well, I still find it kinda random. Like why hillbillies to begin with? They're scary in movies like Texas Chainsaw Massacre or The Hills Have Eyes. But other than that... I don't really see them in Killing Floor. But sometimes, the most surprising and outside-the-box additions are what sets a game apart. I don't think I ever saw any other game franchise tackle such enemies?

All in all, those are pretty mindless thoughts and rambling. Maybe it's not even that clear. Simply put : I don't find that idea compelling. Yet at the same time, I doubt it would ruin my gaming experience so... Bring it on?

(Oh and, a million times yes for the Endless idea. I don't want to play 30+ waves each and every time...)

Upvote 0