• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Anti-spin

Letum

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 24, 2006
At the moment you can spin your self right round on the spot with ease. This looks very comical when prone.
How about limiting your spin arc when prone so that to spin 180* you either need to stand up or move foward as you spin.
This will look and feel far more realistic.
This system is implimented in sevral other games.

You could even have a system that means that when standing up you can only spin 110* in either direction before your charicture needs to change his leg position causeing the spin to slow down. This, however, would be harder to impliment.

Yup I agree.
And anyone who disagrees: Lie down on the ground and try and spin round.
The MG has a limited field of movement when deployed, and so should regular soldiers at regular movement speed. When you go beyond what you can easily twist your body to ( \ | / each line representing the angle of your upper body) you should be a lot lot slower to go any further round.

Upvote 0
these are limitation on the current generation of game engines.

the only "solution" i have seen was in COD where you couldnt prone close to a object or wall... however most of COD levels have really flat floors and little in the way of obstructions, and for RO:O would be completely unuable as it would be seemingly almost random where you can and cant prone.

its also dusnt really help the imersion if you cant prone next to a wall because you would be able to IRL.

you could make it so that people cant turn into a wall for example but that also dusnt veel realistic, as you will be limited in where you can turn, with a verry hard limit.
every time you hit that limit you'll be rememded your just playing a game.

Upvote 0
Lonyo said:
Yup I agree.
And anyone who disagrees: Lie down on the ground and try and spin round.
The MG has a limited field of movement when deployed, and so should regular soldiers at regular movement speed. When you go beyond what you can easily twist your body to ( \ | / each line representing the angle of your upper body) you should be a lot lot slower to go any further round.

Just did a 360 lieing down. :D

Upvote 0
i think the best way to change this would be to limit the movement of a prone player to 45 degrees from center in any direction. The problem is not that you can move in 360 degrees, but that you can keep the gun up ready to fire that entire time. You can flip on the ground pretty fast IRL, but not while keeping the sights up or with the weapon in firing position, and nowhere near as fast as the game allows us to do it. To keep it more realitisitc I would like to see the movement limited for prone players. Or slow the movement down after the 45 degree limit has been reached. Either way, the current movement is pretty weak, IMO.

Upvote 0