• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Anti Camp Idea? KOTH think about it! Game ideas...

skillshot

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 24, 2009
I have heard people ask the question of whats the point of having a big map if your team always bogs down in one place? I was thinking an anti camp meter under neath the player, if the meter goes up ( lets say from 5-10 seconds of camping, crouching or not working towards one place) the player starts feeling infected (or whatever you want to call the damage). Couple that idea with friendly fire(or mirror friendly fire), and we have a very strategic normal game, that becomes frightening difficult on suicidal.

Another idea would to make a king of the hill type of map (or objective like places to hold on current maps). Where you Have to hold parts of the map for a certain time and than move, that way these maps are being used to their full potential.

Just an idea but i really think this game lacks variety. It can use a boost!

That's like blaming a bullet for killing someone and not the person who pulls the trigger. Players should be allowed to dig in and defend - its the mappers fault if their maps provide favourable places to do so and I hasten to add mappers should fix them when they know about them. Penalising a player for standing still is so impractible it beggars beleif.

UT and the constantly moving and bunny hopping generation its created has a lot to answer for.

Upvote 0
Solution #101:

Have rollerblades on every character without brakes and the moment you start moving you can't stop anymore unless you crash into some object, and the more velocity you have - the more damage you recheive. Crashing onto a wall with high speed without an armour would result in an instant death.

Upvote 0
"Anti Camp Idea? KOTH think about it! Game ideas..."

That's why there are ZEDs called Fleshpounds. They will separate the survivor team from each other and move away from their camping spot. However, if you kill them too quickly and no one from your team won't even flinch, that means you should switch to harder difficulty immediately. If they are now TOO hard, it's your problem then.

OR

Let's have Solution #101 (look above)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I was thinking purely a mutator that encourages players to move from point A to point B while defending themselves. Obviously its on the map makers to make a balanced map, but for levels like farm, biotics, even manor...who holds the house?...no one. So just I am merely implying that a mutator to push the players along in the level would be great (at least until the novelty wheres off). This type of mutator would be for the legit experienced hardcaore type players.

BTW for whoever said play harder levels. Hard is very simple to me on all the core maps, suicidal gets tough on 8-10 for me. And Simply takes to damn long. Normal is a joke...seriously a pistol can carry the team!

Upvote 0
It requires a decent amount of coordination to successfully hold a line, really (If it doesn't, it shows a flaw in the map, IMO!). So punishing players for doing so is really gimping overall team-play.

Besides...if you do that, there's really no option but Kiting, which everyone also complains about. So no thanks...

Upvote 0
Considering that KF is by nature more of a camperfest to some degree, forcing players to move can be bit of an issue.

While personally I usually try to have some escape route covered or something else in case if something goes FUBAR (aka I hate holing up in 3^2 area that has only one exit - the one the enemies are coming in from), if people were forced to jiggle around like some tangodancers it would be rather lunatic, especially on FF server where quite alot seem to have failed to pass elementary school as their reading comprehension is nonexistant.

It requires a decent amount of coordination to successfully hold a line, really

It is true more or less. For seasoned veterans it might be bit of a joke (until suicidal, or even those who are seasoned veterans with deathwish) but often you're stuck with random group of people who are unwilling to share the general idea that you have a common enemy.

Again, camp-o-mania with marshmellows and waffles is bit boring, but also forcing people to move around (for that I still say solution #101 is teh best evar!) would also result as hilarious clownfest unless you have 3+ players who can coordinate without words (aka played long enough) or who are willing to use microphone and some common sense.

Upvote 0
Hey lets remake it to l4d so we can get from point a to b..
No lets be serious. I get what you mean. When the retailgame came out I felt like a lot of the good old KF-feeling was gone :/ The whole game had gone A LOT easier, and faster. Enrageing scrakes(?) what is that? (some kind of sick joke?). If you havent played the mod. I can tell you that it was a lot slower but all the zeds had much more damage and hp. Due to these changes it's much easier to stay at one point and defend since all specimens is easy to head shot. I want that modfeeling back :(
(And Please remove those silly fps, the crawlers in the mod were harder than these fps if they came close!!!)

This thing with no camping, I think it's up to the mapmakers, and if that doesnt work ask pix if he can do a ported version of bioticslab-comish ^_^

doh! just wanted to say that

Upvote 0