• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Another vid (33 min) from PAX

Nimsky

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 22, 2005
Elitist Prick Nude Beach
Haven't seen this one posted yet. It looks pretty good in 1080p HD and fullscreen.

YouTube - Red Orchestra 2 Detailed Gameplay - Interview with John Gibson

Not much new info I'm afraid, except that Ramm confirms that the semi-automatic rifles (SVT-40, G41) will be usable by the veteran rifleman class ('veteran' sounds better than 'elite' IMO). Also, he says that "You can have 64 tanks on one big battlefield" which I haven't heard before. That would be pretty cool. :)

Nice find!

For next step I'd like to see in game video material in fullHD, not only cam version. However I guess TWI won't release any kind ingame videos before they implement new sounds and be ready to show us more. Hard to say if we get that kind material on SIEGE. They have been on shooting range and record sounds last week, no idea if they had enough time to do this.

edit: interviewer is pretty excited about tanks, tank combat and other stuff^^. Not like others "I've been playing a lot in MW2" :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Haha I thought it was funny that as the guy was asking about interacting with the environment, Ramm was in the process of killing a Russian using bullet penetration ...

But yeah too bad you didn't have more time to give because you could have gone on and on about the first person collision in the game and the bullet penetration. This guy just asked too many questions to get to all that I guess.

That's what's so cool about seeing this game demo'd -- for basically every question that people throw at you guys, you have like a million great answers for. Like:

1) Rank/customization system? CHECK
2) Single player campaign? CHECK
3) Massive battles? CHECK
4) Tanks/Vehicles? CHECK
5) Bullet penetration/destruction? CHECK
6) Lots of game modes for MP? CHECK
7) Great graphics features? CHECK
8) Game support after release? CHECK
9) Mod support? CHECK CHECK CHECK

Seriously that's what I kept thinking during this video ... too bad Ramm could never have enough time to explain it all.

Upvote 0