• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Another home run for Kotick

Blizzard already did this... They sold a dvd that included all the warcraft, diablo and starcraft cut scenes plus a lot of extras like developer interviews and 'making of' type movies.

Here it is on amazon

If they did something like that for SCII and DiabloIII I'd consider getting it. I doubt they would do what kotick insists is a possibility. To me he is like the Peter Molyneux of marketing when it comes to getting investers interested. He hypes a lot of bull**** and for the most part nothing comes of it.

Reactions: LemoN and RO.Player
Upvote 0
Oops I meant the guy who made spore. That was the worst thing ever.

And I think people misunderstood and think I am defending Kotick. If Blizzard sold the SCII cutscenes or something similar as they are that would be an absolute joke, anyone can go on youtube and watch them. I'm saying if they made another 'making of' dvd with developer commentary and whatnot I would be interested.

But in all serionsness if Kotick finds a way to ruin diablo 3 I will straight up murder him.

Upvote 0
Like he cares about a couple of mouthy nerds when hordes of sheep (including a majority of the mouthy nerds...) rush out to buy his crap.:p

He's good at what he does, which is to snitch the pocket-money of kids who shouldn't even be allowed to play his games yet, and to convince shareholders that he is constantly exploring new ways of ripping off said kids. If I were a shareholder I would probably love the guy. As it is I'm not affiliated with him in any way so I don't give a damn.

Upvote 0
Peter Molyneux is a genius though and he cares about his games.

No.

True, Peter Molyneux has some great ideas, but he I don't think he cares about his games.. or rather.. he wants everyone to instead care about his great idea, of which someone said 'you better bundle a product and make some money off all that R&D time we spent on you Peter!'.

The last few Molyneux games I've played were little more then framework support for a gimmick.. True, those gimmicks are generally very neat and exciting ideas, often some next-gen stuff that takes years to trickle into other game titles or find thier niche.. but a still just a one-trick-pony gimmick titles...

I don't hate Peter.. in fact the opposite (I loved pretty much every BullFrog title to come out).. just I think he's getting lost in minutia gimmicks.. he's be a good chief-tech-advisory.. but should probably retire from being a game developer imo.

Upvote 0