• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Another "great" preview

Apos

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 3, 2007
Europe
www.enclave.pl
http://gamecorner.pl/gamecorner/1,102651,10104320,Red_Orchestra_2___ofiara_pierwszego_wrazenia.html

[translation powered by google]

Here guy compares new RO2 to BF2/BC2/FH2 and says that game looks bad ("game is just ugly"), game learning curve is long, maps are very small, LMGs are useless in attack and firefights aren't intense. Here's a comment that gameplay in Forgotten Hope 2 is more epic...

Is he even allowed to write a detailed preview basing on Beta and not breaking NDA agreement? Just wonder.

ZNJ6I.jpg

Why?

Upvote 0
RO series has a high learning curve, this is true and well known. But I don't see that as a negative thing. I find it refreshing, actually. I love that feeling of being just a little bit out of sorts, out of my comfort zone (years of battlefield and cod). I love that that it's more challenging to take out enemies (compared to lol of duty) and that every second I'm alive on the battlefield it feels intense, like I could be killed at any moment. I feel like I am that soldier, and my life is always in danger. I like that death is a penalty not rewarded by an instantaneous respawn, like it doesn't even matter..

I like that if I just sprint across an open area, I'm quite likely to get my wig split. I love that I'm rewarded for moving tactically, sticking to cover and using smoke grenades to advance the squad across low cover areas.
I like the fact it isn't a quake inspired hallway shooter.

And I don't find it hard at all to know where the objectives are or what I'm supposed to be doing.. i hit TAB and it brings up A B and C (or whatever objective is left) telling my distance to each objective, and if I should be attacking or defending.

There are some other items in his review that I also disagree with, but can't really talk about at the moment due to NDA. Suffice it to say, I disagree with most of his "review".

Reactions: lopez
Upvote 0
RO series has a high learning curve, this is true and well known. But I don't see that as a negative thing. I find it refreshing, actually. I love that feeling of being just a little bit out of sorts, out of my comfort zone (years of battlefield and cod). I love that that it's more challenging to take out enemies (compared to lol of duty) and that every second I'm alive on the battlefield it feels intense, like I could be killed at any moment. I feel like I am that soldier, and my life is always in danger. I like that death is a penalty not rewarded by an instantaneous respawn, like it doesn't even matter..

I like that if I just sprint across an open area, I'm quite likely to get my wig split. I love that I'm rewarded for moving tactically, sticking to cover and using smoke grenades to advance the squad across low cover areas.
I like the fact it isn't a quake inspired hallway shooter.

And I don't find it hard at all to know where the objectives are or what I'm supposed to be doing.. i hit TAB and it brings up A B and C (or whatever objective is left) telling my distance to each objective, and if I should be attacking or defending.

There are some other items in his review that I also disagree with, but can't really talk about at the moment due to NDA. Suffice it to say, I disagree with most of his "review".

Can you tell us something about the maps, though? Nothing in particular, mind you, but is the complaint of the previewer valid?

Upvote 0
Can you tell us something about the maps, though? Nothing in particular, mind you, but is the complaint of the previewer valid?

I can say that there are bigger maps and smaller maps in the beta. I'm guessing the reviewer played mostly on one of the smaller maps, that is frequently featured on one of the test servers. He doesn't really say anything specific in his review other than that he felt maps were kind of small. I haven't played RO1 so I can't compare. But I've seen big maps and small maps in the beta and it's of no particular concern to me at this point.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
i couldn't understand a word he said even with google translate

Actually, although I speak no Polish I found that sometimes looking on the polish half of the page made it easier. Translate called Streczly (or whatever) Scorers, but I just looked at Streczly and figured out that they meant riflemen.

Also, LOL! at the G4TV ROriginal review.

Upvote 0
stop reading because translation was bad and was difficult to read, honestly if you go into thinking the game not wanting the game to be good its going to be bad, it goes with even the best games ever. I went into call of duty black ops thinking it was bad, didn't stop reviewers giving it golden 10/10 despite it was in the end rather very disappointing and not that good.

Well going into it with high expectation end up making you have a greater fall and get disappointed, basically i am just rolling with medium expectation that the gameplay will be solid and that the cod style of gameplay is as far away as possible and i will enjoy this game.

Upvote 0