• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Another Beta opinion!

first and biggest point: the sounds. they are very nice, overall. but I d like to mention a few points.
maybe it was on purpose but the strange voice sounds (Germans speak weird English etc) are annoying to me. 2nd: if i throw nades to a tank no sound occured. next, the sound of the cannon when fired and when the tanks get hit are the same imo. the tank sounds in general are great, but faaar to quiet! try and shoot the K98 next to a tank which fires or drives..
I expected an earthquake ;D

the movement of inf is too fast in my point of view (with all the equipement ...) usain bold would be jealous ;). what is obviously not that good is that your stamina is incredible strong. you are able to sprint infinitely (I am aware of the fact that you are getting slower but this is still faster than the normal speed and - as I said infinitely).
this sticks together with my next issue: the steady aim when u are exhausted. and the aim is even steadier when you are recovered (a bit strange).

when you lean yourself on a wall and you want to take a look around the corner and shoot (as in the old RO) you show the half of your body (at least I could not make it better ^^)

I saw that the stationary MG on fallenheroes is buggy, the known server-list issue, on the scoreboard u can't see the pings, and when you look at a machine gunner and the guy is swichting from MG to pistol you see that the MG gets on his back but then disappears and vice versa.
the chat function (meaning the voice commands) are too big in my view and disturb the sight

this sounds very negative but the game is awesome, nice improvements, animations, sounds, graphics (man I LOVE the g41 even more than in RO1).
good job guys!

edit: I did not mention the auto reloading thing, the zoom with the rifle, the COD-like kill cam etc etc because I assume that these aspects to acquire more ppl can be swichted off. I dont love blockers but blocking is real and if a guy next to you yells around and shoots and you just walk through him, it gets a bit weird

Last edited:
Upvote 0
A lot of the feedback (griping? :p) from RO1 vets could be easily addressed by introducing some aiming / weapon-sway penalty tied to stamina.

But wasn't this the case in RO1 already? I remember my k98 going all over the place when I had been running or aiming for too long at a target.

If this isn't the case in RO2 then why not? :IS2:

Upvote 0
Sorry for speaking clearly...
But your answer is useless despite being politically correct.
Why do not you get into the merits of the issues and have not given any opinion?

It would be very welcome.
Cheers

Have faith, all is taken into account on this delicate subject.

I am sure that the new customers are enjoying the ride, lets be clear here, we are all new to the game.

If only I could hit something...
Gonna have to get out my satchel charges.

Upvote 0
i forgot: i just do not see any bullets from my K98 in the walls.
the ballistics have changed radically imo ...
i switched off the zoom in the menu but there is still some..
and the best one is the nade zoom where can i turn that thing off, I mean completely?

and again: the sounds. nades are far too quiet, the voices are louder than the nade explosion.

I hope at least anyone from TWI takes a serious look in this thread

Upvote 0
But wasn't this the case in RO1 already? I remember my k98 going all over the place when I had been running or aiming for too long at a target.

If this isn't the case in RO2 then why not? :IS2:

That's what I'd like to know.

Everyone that played RO:Ost could feel proud for building up their skills within the game, every kill felt special and there are some really outstanding players out there.

Now we have an easier system, and level-unlocks that ultimately diminish the need for skill as they will make game-play easier.

Upvote 0
I like most of the old version players find it faster or it seems faster

more run and gun - might be the map size making this more appearent

but i'm finding the zoom over done for rifles gives them near sniper abilties

i hope this get get backed off a bit, more like the old version.

there is much to praise but those are my gripes

Upvote 0
I agree with what you said.

My one major complaint thus far is that you can carry two weapons and a **** load of ammo and you really arent penalized for it. Granted you run slower and have less stamina but still something about it just doesnt sit right with me.

I can grab an SMG and a rifle and be the ultimate soldier. Go indoors pull out youre SMG until you find a camping spot. Then pull out your rifle and go to town. Not only that but you can carry a **** load of ammo with you.

Something about that kills the realism for me. One of my friends was showing me pics of him in Iraq and he was carrying a m240 and a m16, so I understand some soldiers will have two weapons, but by and far you only carry one weapon. If its rare now-a-days, I honestly doubt it happened much in WW2. I honestly cant remember seeing a soldier with both a MG and a SMG, or with a SMG and a rifle.

I really perfer the one weapon per player, this way you can get a nice complement between the different classes and the combat is more fluid.

The devs already beat this into the ground, it is realistic that in real life a soldier can pick up another mans gun and have two guns, there is absolutely nothing unrealistic about it. In fact you should embrace it that as a sniper or something you can get extra protection if say one of your fellow assault members dies next to you now you have an smg to cover your *** in close quarters. You move a hell of a lot slower depending on gun though.. I picked up an AT gun while having a sniper rifle and was very slow, but I also helped take out a tank or two.

I personally like it and it is realistic there are many men in the military today who will often times carry two weapons.

The devs basically said "in real life you can carry two weapons, so you can in RO2 now as well. The end"

Upvote 0
I have to disagree with the OP.I love this game.The new pace is great!

Shouldering weapons slower, slower aiming down the sights after sprint and all that slower slower just favours the defense.

Its great how it is.

Only thing i don t like is the recoil that kicks in after 3-4 shots on MG'S and the PPSh while standing.It should build up more steadily instead of getting really hardcore after the 4 th shot.Recoil itself is great , i am so happy a true PC shooter with weapons that handle and feel great came out.I can t stand that "oh a console player can't compensate recoil, let s just give all guns a magic spread and make all guns feel sterile and ****ty"

Overall i love the gameplay! Awesome game !

Upvote 0
No, please don't change it! The pace is perfect!

All that slower aiming down the sight, slower running (attackers need more time to get to object) and more sway after sprinting just favours the defenders !!!!! PPL that are attacking and on the run get an disadvantage, that sucks !

Reduce recoil kicking in after the 4th shot on MG's and PPSH while standing and smooth it out to a more steady recoil and you are set! The gameplay is brilliant !!! Maybe some team assit points when you supress somebody and another player kills it so MG ers do their job and get rewarded.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
There are some well thought out and sensible opinions in this thread.

Here's how I see things as they currently are:

TWI has set its target on this game as being fully accessible out of the box so to speak.
This is a good idea both from a business perspective and a marketing strategy.
I think it fair to say we all understand and appreciate this fully.

Many players wrestled with and gave up on ROOST due to the time needed to learn the very fine points of the game.
RO2 will encompass a huge player base without the learning curve of the previous game.

The previous base of players from ROOST are at sixes and sevens with some aspects of the new game whilst impressed with other aspects of it.
Yes it's a new game with new features and newer things to learn, however......some things are probably too far removed from the ROOST genre for our liking and it feels dare I say it "arcadey" at times.
Zoom etc is debatable as are many other comparisons, for me the primary bugbear is movement speed in comparison too ROOST, both sprinting and walking feel like they belong in another game company's series of WW2 fps games to be perfectly frank.

Absolutely nothing wrong with this in relation to mass marketing the game, it should however be somewhat different for hardcore realism settings (which I still have hope on being similar to ROOST settings re game speed)
If it's at the very least customisable then everyone is a winner and TWI have achieved something very unique in the gaming world, a game that everybody from mainstream to realism clans can play as they wish.

A new game that brings more people to the community is a good game, a new game that also satisfies the ROOST core values is a great game ;)

Upvote 0

All that slower aiming down the sight, slower running (attackers need more time to get to object) and more sway after sprinting just favours the defenders !!!!! PPL that are attacking and on the run get an disadvantage, that sucks !

That's precisely the point. Defenders and people sitting still SHOULD be rewarded with steadier aim, and people who are zipping around should NOT.

Even with the over-the-top amounts of sway and recoil in RO1, it was never a problem, and in fact was what made the gameplay so unique. RO1 is one of the few shooters where being in cover and tactical positioning actually mattered. You couldn't just outshoot or outmaneuver your way out of a bad situation. You had to think a head and put yourself in a situation where you know you will be at an advantage.

Ranking, unlocks, Mkbs, HUD elements, whatever; these are all superficial, but the importance of cover and positioning is the CORE of RO:OST's gameplay.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
there are some well thought out and sensible opinions in this thread.

Here's how i see things as they currently are:

Twi has set its target on this game as being fully accessible out of the box so to speak.

Many players wrestled with and gave up on roost due to the time needed to learn the very fine points of the game.
Ro2 will encompass a huge player base without the learning curve of the previous game.

The previous base of players from roost are at sixes and sevens with some aspects of the new game whilst impressed with other aspects of it.
Yes it's a new game with new features and newer things to learn, however......some things are probably too far removed from the roost genre for our liking and it feels dare i say it "arcadey" at times.
Zoom etc is debatable as are many other comparisons, for me the primary bugbear is movement speed in comparison too roost, both sprinting and walking feel like they belong in another game company's series of ww2 fps games to be perfectly frank.

Absolutely nothing wrong with this in relation to mass marketing the game, it should however be somewhat different for hardcore realism settings (which i still have hope on being similar to roost settings re game speed)
if it's at the very least customisable then everyone is a winner and twi have achieved something very unique in the gaming world, a game that everybody from mainstream to realism clans can play as they wish.

A new game that brings more people to the community is a good game, a new game that also satisfies the roost core values is a great game ;)

qft.
+1

Upvote 0

Reduce recoil kicking in after the 4th shot on MG's and PPSH while standing and smooth it out to a more steady recoil and you are set! The gameplay is brilliant !!! Maybe some team assit points when you supress somebody and another player kills it so MG ers do their job and get rewarded.

You don't need to blare with your opinion that is just about exactly the same 2 posts above.
There's no way in ww2 soldiers ran that fast through a battlefield full of bricks, pieces and other whatever fragments lying on the ground. Perhaps speed that is in RO2 could be achieved on a olympic running track... Don't mean to sound harsh about the game though, TWI has done some good piece of job and a credit to them :)

Upvote 0
There are some well thought out and sensible opinions in this thread.

Here's how I see things as they currently are:

TWI has set its target on this game as being fully accessible out of the box so to speak.

Many players wrestled with and gave up on ROOST due to the time needed to learn the very fine points of the game.
RO2 will encompass a huge player base without the learning curve of the previous game.

The previous base of players from ROOST are at sixes and sevens with some aspects of the new game whilst impressed with other aspects of it.
Yes it's a new game with new features and newer things to learn, however......some things are probably too far removed from the ROOST genre for our liking and it feels dare I say it "arcadey" at times.
Zoom etc is debatable as are many other comparisons, for me the primary bugbear is movement speed in comparison too ROOST, both sprinting and walking feel like they belong in another game company's series of WW2 fps games to be perfectly frank.

Absolutely nothing wrong with this in relation to mass marketing the game, it should however be somewhat different for hardcore realism settings (which I still have hope on being similar to ROOST settings re game speed)
If it's at the very least customisable then everyone is a winner and TWI have achieved something very unique in the gaming world, a game that everybody from mainstream to realism clans can play as they wish.

A new game that brings more people to the community is a good game, a new game that also satisfies the ROOST core values is a great game ;)

Good post mate, thanks for sharing - oh and I fully agree :)

Upvote 0
- The learning curve is terrible... being a veteran I expected to enjoy the game from the beginning but I achieved my first kill after an hour... and many deaths... for novices or pleople coming from other FPS that can suppose not staying here...
I've barely played MP RO1. I'm not pro or veteran. And it took me 30 minutes to be competitive after getting the beta, and about 2 hours to top the scoreboards once or twice. This game's learning curve is not steep....rather it's learning to navigate all the features that takes time. The maps shouldn't be anything surprising to RO vets.

Being mostly a noob at RO, I'm constantly surprised how easy I'm finding it to pick up.

Last edited:
Upvote 0