• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

And yet another brain fart-for TW staff.

yes, but they are the dev team, ultimately what they want in the game goes.

It may have been appropriate to post that when RO was free.

But it is a commercial product now so this is not the attitude to take.

And I feel you are wrong. Tripwire does care what we think. Their patches have proven that. They don't always get it 100% right every time is all.

Upvote 0
Man when the next patch comes out there are going to be so many people in the hospital with foot-in-mouth syndrome that TW is going to get shutdown by the CDC. TW does listen, oh you may not believe me now but your going to do back flips when the new vehicles come out. Anyone who wants something added has to remember that it will always take months for it to get in. It may not take months to create/test but other things in the patch that do might be holding it up. So whats popularly requested now isn't going to see the light of day for a while, so again... patience is required.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Polls on the RO forum only represent those who are registered to the RO forum, not the entirety of the RO gaming community. Got it? Good.

And your point being???

Players are invited to register and participate in the forums so you either do and offer feed back or you don't and leave to those that are interested.

Kinda like voting.

Either vote and particpate or don't and let others make the decisions for you..your choice.

Upvote 0
And your point being???

Players are invited to register and participate in the forums so you either do and offer feed back or you don't and leave to those that are interested.

Kinda like voting.

Either vote and particpate or don't and let others make the decisions for you..your choice.
TW has not set the forums up to do that, no company does for a reason. The official forums of a game will NEVER represent the entire community. What about those who don't speak English? Or those to who only have enough time to play the game and not enough to vote on the forums? What about those who have a internet outage for a while and come back to see a feature they loved was changed/removed and their votes could have stopped it? The list goes on, what it comes down to is people didn't buy RO to vote, they bought it to play. TW strikes a good enough balance between what the community wants and what they themselves think should be added (players are seriously going to love the new vehicles). I don't want RO to turn into Fire Arms 2.7 (and above) where the devs caved into the community, giving it almost total control over this HL1 mod, which they then ran into the ground.

Upvote 0

And I feel you are wrong. Tripwire does care what we think. Their patches have proven that. They don't always get it 100% right every time is all.

It's a bit of both I think, like anything personalities and personal preferences come into it alot, but they do need to listen to us.
And overall a satified and happy comminity is something that a lot of developers would love to, and strive to have, and I think TWI has the perfect opportunity with the RO community. And thats why I think that's why this poll idea is a good one.

Upvote 0
Tripwire is the most responsive gaming company I have ever purchased a product from. When we screamed that something was broken they fixed it. When we ho'd and ha'd cause there was no smoke, they implemeted it. When our tanks kinda worked, they fixed em up a bit and threw us a map and a new weapon to make up for the partial fix.

I have complete and total faith in Tripwire, they are the most responsive company I have purchased a product from. SCREW EA

Things I know Tripwire is doing because I have faith

MG's are going to be fixed
Suppession effect will be up'd
BMW motocycle, with sidecar mounted mg will be modeled and implemeted
Tanks will be fixed
Penetration will be implemeted
The_Cook will be given God mode on all servers.

The second best company for consumer responsiveness would be those guys that made Homeworld. Tripwire still beats em hands down.

Just based on the support that Tripwire has given RO I would without hesitation purchase the next game they come out with, know that it will get the same amount of love and attention that they have given this game.

Upvote 0
Polls on the RO forum only represent those who are registered to the RO forum, not the entirety of the RO gaming community. Got it? Good.

Funnily enough, polls, like political ones or even television ratings for that matter, do reflect the views of everyone!

If you asked a hundred people their POV, one can take away the percentage and apply that to the views of the wider general player base. Registered or not!

Upvote 0
Funnily enough, polls, like political ones or even television ratings for that matter, do reflect the views of everyone!

If you asked a hundred people their POV, one can take away the percentage and apply that to the views of the wider general player base. Registered or not!

So little do you know about television ratings. There isn't enough light of day to explain it all...

Upvote 0
TW has not set the forums up to do that, no company does for a reason. The official forums of a game will NEVER represent the entire community. What about those who don't speak English? Or those to who only have enough time to play the game and not enough to vote on the forums? What about those who have a internet outage for a while and come back to see a feature they loved was changed/removed and their votes could have stopped it? The list goes on, what it comes down to is people didn't buy RO to vote, they bought it to play. TW strikes a good enough balance between what the community wants and what they themselves think should be added (players are seriously going to love the new vehicles). I don't want RO to turn into Fire Arms 2.7 (and above) where the devs caved into the community, giving it almost total control over this HL1 mod, which they then ran into the ground.

I have to agree with this guy!

I love games that can be auto updated but there are always going to be problems because not every person who plays is going to like the new options which are put in a new update.

Like said by others.....not every person playing has the time to come onto the forum to vote or quite simply, can't speek the english language. So no, not all RO gamers get to say (vote) for what they want but like Winston Churchill said all those years ago 'Democracy is the worst form of goverment except for all those others that have been tried', the same applys to TW system.

One thing TW could do is alert its players that a new poll, which will decide what is in the next RO update, is by showing this information on the news page on the multiplayer system.

James

Upvote 0

i never said they dident care, i know they care alot.

Upvote 0