• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

And now the storms.

i think it was a highly modden arma 2 game, but my squad of me +4 peopel were pinned by some armorred cars, and i was a sniper on the left flank. i called down arty and i said " this might be a little close..." and then BANG.

the arty hit EXTREAMLY close and im suprised i did nto kill my squad!

my team was like HOLY CRAP, danger clsoe mutch?, ETC...it was great lol!

and i love thwos moments where you hear shooting and killing, but you cant find/see anyone. its a feelling of fear and being alone....and it only comes from teh best games (hlaf life 2...kinda, metro 2033, stalker, and the mummy game form like 2004....i aws like 8 and that game scared the hell out of me! damn mine cart ride and trying to flip switches in teh right order with no cheack points.....!!

Upvote 0
I thought perhaps 'Face of Battle' but a quick flick through fails to reveal the reference. I did find references on the www to a Dr James Schneider, who wrote an article on the subject. He seems to have been talking about the invisibility of the enemy, as a result of the increased lethality of modern weapons.

Blending in the references I've seen elsewhere, in earlier modes of warfare (I'm thinking up to about mid American Civil War) soldiers could typically see their enemy, thanks to the relatively short effective range of weapons and a tendency to fight in formed bodies. By the time of the Boer war, it had become relatively rare to actually see the enemy - he was camouflaged and distant, but no less lethal for his invisibility. A whole new set of pressures and fears come along with a lethal but invisible enemy, not least of which is the tendency you've mentioned to move about in the potential presence of the enemy on one's belly.

he's talking about the tendency of soldiers to get out of sight at a moment's notice. if you're not with others, you will be left alone, wandering around.

i think it was a highly modden arma 2 game, but my squad of me +4 peopel were pinned by some armorred cars, and i was a sniper on the left flank. i called down arty and i said " this might be a little close..." and then BANG.

the arty hit EXTREAMLY close and im suprised i did nto kill my squad!

my team was like HOLY CRAP, danger clsoe mutch?, ETC...it was great lol!

and i love thwos moments where you hear shooting and killing, but you cant find/see anyone. its a feelling of fear and being alone....and it only comes from teh best games (hlaf life 2...kinda, metro 2033, stalker, and the mummy game form like 2004....i aws like 8 and that game scared the hell out of me! damn mine cart ride and trying to flip switches in teh right order with no cheack points.....!!

go away.

Upvote 0