• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

An Update On The Update

At the tail end of last year, we mentioned that we would be working towards another QoL update, and trying to fit in a little content if we could. We also mentioned that the goal was to have it out in time for the Holidays. It is safe to say, that didn’t happen. We know many of you are asking “So what did happen, and what is still happening?”. Please let us share with you more information on this.

For reasons beyond our control, the planned update needed more time and unfortunately delayed longer than we had anticipated.

That being said, an update is coming! This update will include several of the fixes that were finished, including many of the issues reported around VOIP. We are also working to bring a community map on as official: “Cua Viet” by PsychoPigeon, whom many of you will recognize from his previous work on Rising Storm 1 and 2.

We hope to share more on the specifics of what has made it into the update and when it will be released in the coming days/weeks (dependent on QA verification).

We certainly appreciate everyone’s patience, understanding and overall enthusiasm for this update!

Last edited:
I work for Tripwire and run this stuff.
View all 245 featured items
At the tail end of last year, we mentioned that we would be working towards another QoL update, and trying to fit in a little content if we could. We also mentioned that the goal was to have it out in time for the Holidays. It is safe to say, that didn’t happen. We know many of you are asking “So what did happen, and what is still happening?”. Please let us share with you more information on this.

For reasons beyond our control, the planned update needed more time and unfortunately delayed longer than we had anticipated.

That being said, an update is coming! This update will include several of the fixes that were finished, including many of the issues reported around VOIP. We are also working to bring a community map on as official: “Cua Viet” by PsychoPigeon, whom many of you will recognize from his previous work on Rising Storm 1 and 2.

We hope to share more on the specifics of what has made it into the update and when it will be released in the coming days/weeks (dependent on QA verification).

We certainly appreciate everyone’s patience, understanding and overall enthusiasm for this update!
I know the previous update was outsourced and with acquisition of Antimatter it's hard to get some of the original devs. Are you able to comment on the team that was in charge of this update?

Upvote 0
I know the previous update was outsourced and with acquisition of Antimatter it's hard to get some of the original devs. Are you able to comment on the team that was in charge of this update?
We are working with several contractors to help provide these updates. That is all I am able to say at this time.

Upvote 0
We are working with several contractors to help provide these updates. That is all I am able to say at this time.
Will you guys be doing more extensive playtesting this time after the state the last patch was released in? I mean, I'm to blame as well considering I had access to the beta and never tested it. Sounded like you guys were only doing an internal beta though this time around as a lot of us failed to take the time to download and organize playing the test branch (lesson learned).

Upvote 0
Will you guys be doing more extensive playtesting this time after the state the last patch was released in? I mean, I'm to blame as well considering I had access to the beta and never tested it. Sounded like you guys were only doing an internal beta though this time around as a lot of us failed to take the time to download and organize playing the test branch (lesson learned).
We are still working out the specifics of how this update will be released.

Upvote 0