• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

An Ill-Fated Petition: Make the Christmas Zeds Permanently Endemic to Santa's Level

I'd say I agree, solely on the premise that the sheer quality of the zeds would make it a real shame to see it go. They do certainly add to the Christmas level, and I feel Santas Evil Lair would definately lose its charm without the Christmas Zeds.

I think I'm happy for them to be an annual thing as long as TWI does eventually release it as a white listed mutator before they eventually stop supporting the game... in 2020 with any luck ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It's a good thing the .uc file, animation files, texture files, and sound files for the XMas specimens are in seperate packages from the original specimens, that way we can make this possible even when christmas ends because I doubt that TWI has rights to delete files from your computer unless you wish to uninstall it. Also there should be an option on this map weather you want christmas specimens or not.

Upvote 0
Even if they were made as a mutator it's just not the same since it's only client side facing. You want everyone to see them and for that you would need something more official. That said, it will be sad to see it go though having the Xmas Zeds stay for the Santa map is a great idea. Sadly though all good things must come to an end. Just like Christmas. If we had Christmas every day we'd soon grow bored, broke from buying presents, fat from the fat boy food and die of alcohol poisoning. So just be happy you experienced it. You came, you saw, you conquered.

Reactions: Freshmeat
Upvote 0
If we had Christmas every day we'd soon grow bored, broke from buying presents, fat from the fat boy food and die of alcohol poisoning. So just be happy you experienced it. You came, you saw, you conquered.

Well in my case I got my *** handed to me, with a fleshpounds size 13 boot printed in it...

God damned public teams :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Mutator: sure of possible
Permanent: no not at all yes its good content but this is a horror zombie shooter the point of it is, is to be startling, scary, suspenseful, and down right moral breaking that is the feeling that needs to come from the game. Ever since the event started the only feeling I get is hunger from the gingerfast, hopeful from the elfs, skinny as a tooth pick from the bloat, and slightly amused and disturbed from the whole thing entirely... it really is great looking content but it needs to be a 1 time of year only thing seriously... would a christmas tree be special if you left it up all year long no... same thing for this content it'd be really cool if they took it back and improved for next years launch...
Perhaps a mixture like 1 in every 25 or 30 could be the christmas ones this way the content isn't gone but it isn't prevalent either.

Upvote 0
It's a good thing the .uc file, animation files, texture files, and sound files for the XMas specimens are in seperate packages from the original specimens, that way we can make this possible even when christmas ends because I doubt that TWI has rights to delete files from your computer unless you wish to uninstall it. Also there should be an option on this map weather you want christmas specimens or not.

interesting.....so they all are separate files? somebody had mentioned before that they believed all the files were just written over, which would mean that TW would just replace the files with the original and thus not be able to keep the christmas zeds for just one specific maps. i'd assume that if they are indeed separate files, then that'd mean you could simply assign those files only to one map, say Evil Santa's Lair, right? :confused:

have they always been separate files, or perhaps TW has heard the will of the masses and made the changes so that the christmas zeds can stay on the one christmas map :eek::)

Upvote 0
interesting.....so they all are separate files? somebody had mentioned before that they believed all the files were just written over, which would mean that TW would just replace the files with the original and thus not be able to keep the christmas zeds for just one specific maps. i'd assume that if they are indeed separate files, then that'd mean you could simply assign those files only to one map, say Evil Santa's Lair, right? :confused:

have they always been separate files, or perhaps TW has heard the will of the masses and made the changes so that the christmas zeds can stay on the one christmas map :eek::)

Or you can use the custom spawning system that Fel uses.

Upvote 0
Do people even try to do little search before spamming forums with same topics?

actually, i believe this was the first thread created to specifically request the proposed topic in discussion.

It's been discussed over 9000 times.

gross exaggeration....although the fact that it has been discussed quite a bit should be some type of indication of what people would like in the game.

Developers also replied on this theme.

that's great, but that doesn't mean everyone has to agree with their statements. if i created a thread claiming that the earth revolved around the sun, and TW replied saying "no the sun revolves around the earth", would you just blindly accept their response and not challenge the lack of reasoning behind it? :troll: as we've seen in their responses, there are quite a few contradictions and holes in their arguments for removing the Christmas zeds tomorrow and not just keeping them in the Evil Santa's Lair map. sorry but in this case, those members of the community are right. ;)

Reactions: sverek
Upvote 0