• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

An idea for the characters

luciferintears

Grizzled Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
This is just a little idea i had, and to be honest i dont expect it to make it into the game, but whatever.

Wouldnt it be cool if every class had 2-3 character models per side?

When you choose for example the Rifleman class, the server/client randomly picks one of these models for you. That way, you wont have 32 of your clones running around the field.

This will add some diversity to the battlefield and make it a bit more visually pleasing.

what do you think?

Ost allready did this to a degree, as in there where a lot of different face textures, and you spawn with a random one each time, so people wheren't 100% clones of eachother.

For the Russian team, there was also a random chance that you would spawn with a steel helmet on instead of the Pilotka (there wasen't really an analog to that for zeh churmans though).

I expect to see something similar in HoS.

Of course, it would be even cooler if there where even more difference, if the height and build of soldiers could also be a bit differen't (not to much, or people would complain about "starving midget advantage!" and such), but that would probably be a wee bit much to ask for..

Upvote 0
Character customization would be interesting too, so long as it doesnt get too ridiculous. The thing i like about RO is the historical accuracy; i dont want to see germans with jungle face paint or tf2 hats lol.

i feel my idea would add diversity yet still keep it within context.

Yeah I agree, having a customization within reason.

Upvote 0