• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Plaid13

Grizzled Veteran
Apr 22, 2006
Ok right now we always start with a set amount of ammo and thats all fine and good but we cant pick up more ammo unless we use up some of that ammo that we started with. I would love to see it so we could pick up extra ammo. Say if i have a mp40 and i have reloaded it before emptying any of the magazines i should be able to pick up a few more magazines off a dead body but we cant do that instead we need to use up the half empty magazines first and this wastes time and gives away our position. A few times because of this i have found myself down to only a few rounds in each magazine when i really needed alot more. So how come we cant pickup extra ammo off the ground? i mean i know we shouldnt be doubleing our ammo or anything but how come we cant pick up maybe 2 extra magazines. Little stuff like this would really help out.

yeah automaticly discard any very light magazines you have and stuff the extras in your pockets. hell stuff one in your shirt theres all sorts of places. They carried ammo on there belt in some sort of pack right? why not take the whole belt off the dead guy your getting the ammo from and just wear two? throw one over your shoulder or something instead. Its not that hard.

Upvote 0
I really wish RO had an inventory system along the lines of Deus Ex or System Shock 2 or [insert any other similar setup].

Sure, you could carry around three Panzerfausts...but then you wouldn't be able to carry a shoulder gun. :D

Or you could trade your pistol for a couple of grenades or some extra magazines.

Or...

Anyway, you get the idea. All the more reason to stay alive: you can "customize" your loadout if you stay alive, because regardless of how you have your stuff set up, you get a standard loadout on spawn.

Upvote 0
Backpacks. No ammo depots, only couple soldiers carrying backpacks for extra ammo. Backpacks should be droppable if empty or you like to leave it to your team mate.

Excellent idea! I find that two hand grenades are far too few when fighting in trenches and buildings, and I would like to be able to have a moving supply behind me. Also, that way you could start to use the MG as heavy as it deserves to be used.

Upvote 0