• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

AMG Is Recruiting Testers/'Film Extras'

Nestor Makhno

Grizzled Veteran
Feb 25, 2006
Penryn, Cornwall
Those of you who have been following developments closely here in RS-land will know by now that Anti-Matter Games Limited is a company formed by key members of the Rising Storm mod team.

We now work, as you may well know, with Tripwire in the release of RS, RO2 & KF updates. We always need testers to help us with these updates so will welcome applications from mature, serious players who want to help improve experience of all players. For example, our testers have been involved in the sizing up of maps from the custom mapping competition for further development.

But here comes the big news....

You could be a virtual WW2 hero on international TV!

AMG is contracted to work with a TV production company, using a modified version of RS in the provision of in-game multi-player footage which will be used in the production of a major series coming soon to a large TV channel. The footage will be of action around certain WW2 scenarios.

I am not allowed to say more here.. as you can imagine, a large TV project such as this is surrounded by very strict NDAs. But if any people out there wish to be considered for the role of 'extra' in this filming, they should PM me.

Filming will happen at 7pm UK time on Monday and Tuesday evenings every week for the next 3-4 months (except 2 weeks off for xmas).

If you:
  • are sensible, mature and can follow direction
  • are a fluent English-speaker
  • are familiar with using TS3
  • can commit to turning up every Monday and Tuesday for the next 3-4 months
  • are familiar with using SVN to update a modded version of the game
..then you should apply by PM'ing me.

You will be required to sign an NDA and should bear in mind that any breach of it will result in you being banned from these forums and potentially being taken to court by the TV channel. There WILL be bragging rights, but only after the show releases.

There will also be steam gift vouchers given to extras who attend regularly (one voucher for each episode where you attend ALL filming sessions).

So if you have an interest in WW2 history and want to take part in a unique, ground-breaking venture that will help boost the profile of RS, get in touch.

Last edited:
Whoa, ma, fa, geez... ga, na, woof. This is exciting, but it's 7 pm in the UK, and 2 pm in Montreal. Oh well, I didn't fit the first criteria anyway.

There's just one thing I think is missing in this post which I ask for others: You mention you need to be able to use Team Speak 3, but do you need to have a mic?

Anyway, good luck and have fun to those involved.

Upvote 0
Ok, I'll say it.

"International TV" ... "production of a major series" ... "a large TV channel" ...

Help for 2 nights a week for 3-4 months ... and all we are offered are Steam vouchers, and only to the ones that turn up regularly? Can we even know the value of these vouchers?

I guess some folks might jump at the chance to be part of such a project and have bragging rights (but be careful or you might go to court!), but it sounds an awful lot to ask of people.
Even after all my humbugging, best of luck raising the RS profile!

Upvote 0