• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Americans and Germans on same map?

From my experience working with my SoundMutator, RS and RO2 have different PlayerController classes (RSPlayerController and ROPlayerController.) The game can only have one default PC class, and each player is given an instance of this class that 'owns' and controls their ingame avatar, a Pawn. It may however be possible to assign each player the proper class on an individual basis using a mutator.

The problem is the different functionality that the two classes have may conflict causing some features to stop working (i.e. Would a Soviet with the RO PC class be suppressed by a bonzai charge? Flamethrower death animations? Why does my Marine think he's shooting Japs?) Ideally all RS stuff would be incorporated into the RO PC and we would only have one class to deal with and that might solve some problems. I haven't seen if they've done something like this at release.

Upvote 0
From my experience working with my SoundMutator, RS and RO2 have different PlayerController classes (RSPlayerController and ROPlayerController.) The game can only have one default PC class, and each player is given an instance of this class that 'owns' and controls their ingame avatar, a Pawn. It may however be possible to assign each player the proper class on an individual basis using a mutator.

The problem is the different functionality that the two classes have may conflict causing some features to stop working (i.e. Would a Soviet with the RO PC class be suppressed by a bonzai charge? Flamethrower death animations? Why does my Marine think he's shooting Japs?) Ideally all RS stuff would be incorporated into the RO PC and we would only have one class to deal with and that might solve some problems. I haven't seen if they've done something like this at release.

Thanks. This is a good point.

Upvote 0