• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Ambush spawn eats tickets. An actual GAMEBREAKING bug.

Turns out the server I play on where this is happening on has ALREADY done a full reinstall.

Now what?

https://i.imgur.com/PzKLCci.jpg Also weird bollocks like that happens. Whenever Ambush spawn cool's down there's ALWAYS a completely random time left in the Ambush spawn button. Dunno if its related but it should be fixed. And the entire thing looked over. And before you say "It's just custom maps" let me tell you its Any map.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well, as you've probably heard before, being able to find reproduction steps are the key. If a programmer can follow steps and make it happen on demand, the chances of it getting fixed go up fast. So, details like what map (let's not use a community or beta map), how often, what increases the likelihood of it happening, playing the same map on another server to see if there are different results. Et cetera.

I did pass this to devs/QA. So far, you are the only reporter. That makes it look specific to some variable in your situation that is different from most other players. QA could test around it, but only if they can ever make it happen. Any additional details would help.

Upvote 0
1 out of 64 players in a northern TL each map. I only noticed because in 2 matches in a row when we were low on tickets I ambushed spawned and suddenly we were out of tickets when we shouldn't have been. Happened twice in two games. Which then meant I paid particular attention to the tickets when I ambushed spawned. And only then did I notice this happening rather consistently.

So yeah when another player with a TWI forum account runs into a situation where they become suspicious and then test it you'll get another report like this. It's extremely easy to miss unless you are paying attention. Which nobody has any reason to do so.

Upvote 0
So this was happening to NVA/ NLF teams playing on the Aus/NZ GG server, about probably 6 or 8 weeks ago. Persisted for maybe a fortnight then eventually went away. Not sure what caused it, not sure what fixed it either. Think the owner of the server changed something & then, it was working normally again.

It was noted by a handful of the regulars, & seemed to be a random (but large) chunk of tickets would get chewed. Often around 60, other times as high as a hundred iirc.
it added a certain assymetry to the factions, lol

.....and i know, unfortunately this is anecdotal not empirical bugit info, but its all we had to go on.

Upvote 0
UPDATE.

This actually seems to be a slightly different bug than before. As it's consistently only eating 20 tickets at a time. 20 + the people that spawned. In blocks of 10. You will force spawn and you will see it go down by 10 twice in a second.

I personally have never caught it on tape. But someone accidentally did when they tried reporting another bug (which wasn't even a bug). But this seems to prove that its not related to custom maps and it's probably not related to specific servers.
https://www.facebook.com/truffle.shuffle.94/videos/vb.1716362223/10203793725319700/?type=2&theater&notif_t=video_processed&notif_id=1508408428903931

Now in this video the guy who made it either thought the guy that spawned next to him was a hacker or it was some bug. When literally every man and his dog is telling him that's an ambush spawn. He spawned behind the door which counted as "not seen". But the easiest way to prove it was an ambush spawn was the fact the tickets dropped by 20. Now this was on some random US server. Not the Aussie/NZ Server. You have to go to about 1 minute into the video. The reason its that's long cos that guy he killed was the TL apparently. Even if he was he had more than enough time to run back there.

Upvote 0
To fix the Aussie / NZ Good Gamers server I did a full reinstall when the problem was first sighted. That was a few months ago. That server was an instasnce that had been updated from the beta days so it probably had a bunch of older crap on it that might have been causing trouble.

Maybe I will go and do another reinstall and see if that sorts it out.

Last edited:
Upvote 0