• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Am I just doing something wrong?

Okay, first thread. I can do this. Deep breaths.

Ahem,

This has been an issue with me for awhile now and I was wishing it would just iron out over time but it has not.
Everyone has good days and bad days of course, but for me this game is just bipolar. When I'm having a bad day, which is slightly over half of the time, there is almost no reason for me to play at all; everyone can out manuever me, everyone can outshoot me, I TK, I make straight-up stupid moves, forget what team I am on, fail to notice enemy players directly in front of me, shooting and missing for minutes before they finally kill me, the painful list goes on and on, and on.
And on.

But on a good day the difference is drastic, people accuse me of hacking, I actually run out of ammo, it turns into some WWII movie.
For example, most of my MN9130 leveling was achieved during two good consecutive rounds. Same thing for my Type 99.
Now of course if I could turn it on or off, I would turn it on, leave it on, put tape over the switch and slap on a post-it note reading 'electrical hazard'.

But sadly, when it is off, it's almost like I'm just being nice and giving the other players extra points.

Now what I'm wondering is:
Is it like this for everyone?
If so, is there any time/setting that you know of when you perform better?
Can you think of anything I could just being doing horribly wrong?

Thank you for your time.

Phew, I think that went well. I'm gonna go watch Adventure Time to unwind. . .

Well it's no surprise you're bad at the game when you don't want to help yourself. Stop being spineless, and go talk to the burly man with the large patch across the back of his leather jacket.

I have a similar problem: I work all week, suck on Friday, get good by Sunday evening.

Lol I thought you were totally serious an I was like D:

But yeah, i think I figured out how to force it by excessive immersion (put my face on the monitor and turn the lights out) and by making my bod apply adrenaline (caffeine helps, but I can also get it through the immersion.)
This has been something that has always haunted me in multiplayer games so I'm hoping I'll be able to fix it.

Upvote 0
Lol I thought you were totally serious an I was like D:

But yeah, i think I figured out how to force it by excessive immersion (put my face on the monitor and turn the lights out) and by making my bod apply adrenaline (caffeine helps, but I can also get it through the immersion.)
This has been something that has always haunted me in multiplayer games so I'm hoping I'll be able to fix it.

Nah man Coke is a waste of money, you're better off just drinking a load of coffee. Same thing pretty much, unless its like pure uncut coke, but thats hard as hell to get hold of and 99% of street stuff will be coffee grade rush.

Upvote 0
Thought you might comment on this.

I generally enjoy myself like crazy if I'm shooting well or missing a lot. I only normally get frustrated when tires.

Pretty much the same here, only I get angry with myself if I keep making stupid mistakes (*tries to run for D on Commissioner's house for the 40th time, gets gunned down by that same MG sitting back at H*)

Upvote 0
yeah we all have our bad hair days :rolleyes:

Ive come to understand it to be just a timing and rhythm thing, like getting that first nade thru the garage of grain elevators and killin 3 or 4 doods...example of good timing. Or just holding that nade a lil to long and then getting shot by some luck ruski shot and then dropping a dead nade and killing 5 of ur teammates.....a common example of bad timing and rhythm. Bah....then its in ur head the rest of the game with people cursing ur name by vote kicking and all that jazz. Many times I just look at the peeps who im playing against and I kinda know who is going to be the sneaky ruski which I have to counter by simply messing with the timing of the start of the map like running to the garage and waiting for those first 5 or 6 nades to go off then chuck mine in kinda thing.

Upvote 0
Happens to just about everyone. I usually do well all around, but I'll derp out here and there. Could be anything from having a bad day in real life, an argument with significant other, an extremely atrocious team, or maybe the WW2 gods just don't favor you that day.

If this seems to be happening to you a lot, and you're capable of being an all-star, then just breathe and take a break. Play another game for a while, exercise, go out, whatever, then try again.

Upvote 0