• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Allow Map Designers to Choose Peripheral Indicator Activation Range

Nightingale

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 15, 2010
Vancouver, Canada
It has occured to me that your peripheral view indicators should not be nearly as effective in a moonlit jungle as they are on a sunny ice field. I'm currently working on a night time map with heavy foliage and I would appreciate the ability to scale the activation range of the peripheral indicators. Even better would be some sort of volume to control this so I can make peripheral vision completely useless in a bush, but functional when in a river.

I definitely agree that friendlies need to show up on the peripheral indicators no matter what, but I think that is a matter that deserves its own thread. Do you mind making a seperate thread about that, actually? I'd like to see it get more attention.

As for the coloured indicators, I can see the motivation behind wanting to implement those, but I think making them coloured would be too distracting to the player and quite frankly would probably look a bit garish when placed on the sides of the screen. It would also detract from the phenomenon of having no idea if an enemy or a friendly was in your peripheral vision until you actually turned your head to look at them, which is something I think should be kept in the game.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Tripwire interactive explained the normal view of an human being is not a "square vision" but a peripheral view. They translated this view in the game by means of peripheral indicator.
that doesn't make them less lame. we should not be able to spot players with them, that we never would have seen if the indicators weren't there. they are not needed to enjoy the game. just more C.o.d. stuff. :(

p.s. I guess I should add, I pretty much only play on the RGN custom server. one of the reasons? the damn peripheral indicators are completely turned off. they should be on all servers.

Last edited:
Upvote 0