• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Aliens:Killing Floor is now here!

[MOD]Aliens:KillingFloor

Aliens : Killing Floor is now released!​

Current Version 1.2 Changelog here.​

That's right, after long last WPC brings you the one of the most comprehensive mods to date! Head on over to the new website to get the details and grab the download. Workshop downloads will become available soon.

----------------

We've been teasing about this for a while, some of you have even seen bits of it and even got your hands on assets from an old servers and other mods.
(Sentry Gun, Flamer, M41AS, Ithaca, Motion Tracker, even rumours of a Xeno on someone's server.)

But none of that, absolutely none of that, compares to the real thing. Well we at WPC think it's about time to actually show what is happening and how close we are to finishing the project. To kick it off here are some videos giving a sneak preview.

Preview Videos

PREVIEW 3 - Note this shows the unfinished project and as such is subject to change
AKF Sneak Preview 3 - YouTube

More videos - older
Spoiler!

ScreenShots
NOTE - Very Large Pictures. And a lot of them.
Spoiler!

Mod Info

All mod info can be found on the official website for it. http://www.mostimpressive.nl/AKF/

Credits

-HEMI
-BRAINDEAD
-WHISKY
-MARCO

Also thanks to the mappers that put some maps together for us, cheers guys.

-FEL
-HaTeMe
-Mr RoBot

If I've missed someone from this list it is not intentional, we've worked with so many people over the year or so of this mods development, if you feel you should be added please send me a message and I'll be sure to amend the list.

Last edited:
Just had a quick go in solo mode, you are right.. its not meant for solo play, I managed to celar the first wave, but died pretty fast on the seocnd :)

I was out of ammo half way through the first wave, had to run like hell until I found a couple of ammo packs to carry on fighting. WHich was made very creepy when I can hear unknown numbers of enemies shrieking in the background. :)

First thing I noticed, the MK17 is kinda pants really... but in a good way. You get alot of ammo, but the recoil and stopping power leaves a fair bit to be desired, but its cheap, so can't complain. However the pitbull, that pistol melts face, love that gun. Had a go with the flamethrower... very much like trying to use the FT in regular KF vs. Gorefasts, except the gorefasts are able to bound up to you in 2 jumps, so not very handy at close range at all.

And that running on walls and ceiling thing, even though I watched the previews and knew it was coming, it still took me by surprise.

Overall first impressions are brilliant, its nice to play KF again with that element of fear, where you can't rely of your expensive weapons to bail you out of a jam. Its really awesome carefully watching corners and shadows expecting to get mauled from anywhere at any moment, you guys have managed to capture some of the original spirit of KF again, for which I'd heartily recommend this mod.

I was slightly saddened not to see a perk for the flamethrower, but heck, there is already alot to shout about in this mod already. Nice fricking job :)

Upvote 0
Want to be clear.

Obviously server perks wont work, but with the recent changes that TWI has done is this mod now Grey Listed automatically? So you can use your perk level with this mod, just can't progress with it?

Currently setting up a server as I type this. Should be done sometime soon.

You need serverperks installed still, as it runs it's own extension of serverperks. This allows for custom perks and skins. The skins have the correct animations for some of the custom animations.

You can play with just the Aliens mutator switched on, which adds Aliens to the default game. Combined with the mapping tool with give awesome results on maps like manor and offices. But the true AKF experience is when you run it full tilt.

Upvote 0
Heya, nice work!

Where exactly do i have to put the mod? It doesn't seem to launch correctly, the gametypes won't show up. Just tried it on OS-X, here's where i put it:

Steam/SteamApps/common/killingfloor/AliensKF

Launching KF normally doesn't show me the gametypes under the "Solo" section, launching KF with "-mod=AliensKF" gave me "BadMod" and refused to launch at first, after i put an edited OfficialMod.ini into the AliensKF dir it launched, but still no "Aliens:Killing Floor" gametype available.

What am i missing here?

Thanks!
gitano

Upvote 0
Has anyone managed to kill the queen yet?
I just did a short solo /BEGINNER/ game with this mod trying to kill her. The serverperks thing crashes KF so I had to use my regular perks, 10 M99 headshots from level 6 sharp on beginner solo and she instakilled me, tried again as huskgun / dual flare medic to maybe kite it, I was almost out of ammo when she got me. :<

Upvote 0
You need serverperks installed still, as it runs it's own extension of serverperks. This allows for custom perks and skins. The skins have the correct animations for some of the custom animations.

You can play with just the Aliens mutator switched on, which adds Aliens to the default game. Combined with the mapping tool with give awesome results on maps like manor and offices. But the true AKF experience is when you run it full tilt.

Man that sucks. Really don't want to have to level up separately just to play this, unless I am understanding this wrong.

Upvote 0
Am I missing a ServerPackages= line or something?

I've placed all the files from both the Aliens mod and the ServerPerks mod to the respected directories on the server, compressed all the files and loaded them on the redirect. (DID NOT INSTALL LOCALLY)

Connected to the server to download the files.

Once the game started, I can see the 3 custom perks, I can select them, however I have NO HUD when I join the game.

Code:
Name   	Description   
WPC Aliens Mutator	Add aliens to Killing Floor!
WPC Aliens:KF Server Veterancy Handler	Use perks as privately on this server config instead of getting from global steam stats.
WPC Aliens:Killing Floor Detail Mut	Changes somethings that can't be done via gametype

Those are the mutators I've loaded in WebAdmin, though I grabbed the names so I could load them automatically on the startup script which is a lot easier.

Last edited:
Upvote 0