• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

AK47 & Katana? Why?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
And they have bought a licence from Mikhail Kalashnikov? For some reason I don't think so...

This is because those are all modern and, you know, copyrighted, designs. It's a well known fact that Kalashnikov never copyrighted his design or anything (which, naturally, is why there are so many AK-variants). That's why it has it's full name and the Beretta is just the "9mm Tactical" because otherwise TWI would have to shell out royalties to Beretta.

Thus if TWI wants an AK-47 they can actually call it an AK-47.

By the way the AK is easily view in the editor if you want a detailed look. They're very nice models.

Upvote 0
Man, some people will complain about anything...even if their objection is so minor and unimportant it boggles the mind. What about the Fire Axe? That's more specific than axe. Or Machete, which is more specific than Big Knife. And Big Knife is more specific than just knife.....zomg, logical paradox!

True. As I said in my starting post, this is a minor issue but it bothers me.

I don't really understand why they changed Winchester's name to LAR and now they make AK-47. Why not just name every gun with their proper name? Why not make a clear decision here?

Does it make the game better when the weapons are named illogically?

Upvote 0
Man, some people will complain about anything...even if their objection is so minor and unimportant it boggles the mind. What about the Fire Axe? That's more specific than axe. Or Machete, which is more specific than Big Knife. And Big Knife is more specific than just knife.....zomg, logical paradox!

Uhm. Wow, you fail on at least two different levels.

A) You don't know what a paradox is.
B) "fire axe" is not a specific model. These are specific models. "Fire axe" is comprable to "lever-action rifle" or "bullpup", but not "Winchester model 1894" or "L85".

Upvote 0
I don't really understand why they changed Winchester's name to LAR and now they make AK-47. Why not just name every gun with their proper name? Why not make a clear decision here?

It's probably a copyright issue. Before, it was a free mod, but now it's a retail game and they probably didn't want to get involved in the legal procedure for using copyrighted names.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
True. As I said in my starting post, this is a minor issue but it bothers me.

Does it make the game better when the weapons are named illogically?

sure, pay them some thousands of dollars and they

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.