• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map AHzVehicles_TWO_Beta1: ALLIES

Back to my AT gun scope "problem".

I was on the M-1937(?) as a Soviet in Berizina.
It is entirely possible that I am not using the scope reticle properly, but here is what I managed to play around with before getting blown to bits by HE.

I began using the AT gun. I adjusted the sight for the range I estimated the target to be. I fired one round at a distant target. As it was the first round, I'm assuming it was AP. The round landed slightly short. As my intended targets were "soft" targets, before manually reloading I switched to HE rounds. I adjusted the range one more "button press" for increased distance and fired the AT gun again. The round hit the ground 50 meters or so in front of the AT guns position. :confused: I ended up resetting the range back to 0 and using the reticle grid to adjust the elevation of the AT gun for another shot. The enemy then expired (with prejudice) my life and AT gun.

More than likely operator ignorance is at fault. Could someone explain (or provide a link) how to properly use the scope reticle for those weapons.

Thanks,
Floyd

Upvote 0
Floyd, on the M1937, the bar moves up/down the grid and you have to align the grid to the target. All the bar does is give you a grid to aim with. I think the maximum view distance on Berezina is about 300 meters, if that helps you decide what setting to take. I rarely use the range adjustments on anything, tanks included, unless I know it is out over 500 meters and those maps are few. I usually just start chucking rounds by guess and most often hit or are close enough. It is entirely possible that the sights are not "exact", but in the case you note, it sounds like you didn't use the sight correctly.

Upvote 0