• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Ads in the lobby now?

On this whole issue of in-gmae advertising...

The intention is very simple: the aim (working WITH Massive) is to find a good, non-obtrusive way to insert non-annoying advertising into the game. This will generate revenue that will go towards ensuring that future content packs remain FREE, just as the DLC character packs do. There is less choice about the in-game advertising, obviously, but it is intended to NOT affect game-play. If it doesn't work, we'll end up dropping it back out. But if it serves to generate more cash that we can plough back into the developement of new content - then it has served its purpose!

Upvote 0
The intention is very simple: the aim (working WITH Massive) is to find a good, non-obtrusive way to insert non-annoying advertising into the game.

It's a great idea. But I find the sound on the ads to be quite obtrusive and annoying. This will be fine if the ads stay somewhat tripwire related. But I don't want to be getting ready to start a round only to be interrupted by someone telling me about the great taste of Coca Cola.

Upvote 0
I find this more then fair - I dont mind the ads at all - i would also recommend a little button for replay, because it kills the time till the slow players, get their perk and stuff.

thumbs up and replay button pls ;)

did i already mentioned that the update is unbelivable awesome? also the DLC is. i had multiple orgasms in my hand while shooting the EBR and AA12. :eek:

Upvote 0
On this whole issue of in-gmae advertising...

The intention is very simple: the aim (working WITH Massive) is to find a good, non-obtrusive way to insert non-annoying advertising into the game. This will generate revenue that will go towards ensuring that future content packs remain FREE, just as the DLC character packs do. There is less choice about the in-game advertising, obviously, but it is intended to NOT affect game-play. If it doesn't work, we'll end up dropping it back out. But if it serves to generate more cash that we can plough back into the developement of new content - then it has served its purpose!
ok we get it now the stripper advertising DLC please ;)

Upvote 0