• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Admins - Turn Your Servers Off

Aurien

Grizzled Veteran
May 16, 2009
Personally, until I can kick from the web interface again, my servers will not be on and I won't be playing. I run servers so I can get rid of morons who play medic, yet don't heal. Who can't understand that they need to stand in the purple so the team gets money. You want to disable my ability to remove morons, then I won't run my 12 servers for the community. All other server admins should do the same.

Servers.png

Reactions: ®omano
You can still vote kick bro, I know it's hard but that's what we have to go through until they FIX THEIR ISSUES
And I had a game with a non healing medic who the vote kick failed against. When they fix their issue, my servers turn back on. Other admins should do the same. Otherwise this will be something that in 3-6 months maybe gets fixed.

Upvote 0
You have every right to do what you did bro, I understand your frustration. And I hate the fact that the game DEPENDS ON MEDICS. it's stupid how much you need them in the game. I would suggest that the syringe heals players 35 hp instead of 20hp. Also, its recharge should be 10 seconds instead of 15.

I could also argue that the game also depends on zerks for defense too .. but that's situational.

Upvote 0
You have every right to do what you did bro, I understand your frustration. And I hate the fact that the game DEPENDS ON MEDICS. it's stupid how much you need them in the game. I would suggest that the syringe heals players 35 hp instead of 20hp. Also, its recharge should be 10 seconds instead of 15.

I could also argue that the game also depends on zerks for defense too .. but that's situational.
Anyone can buy medic guns. You don't need a medic if everyone has a medic pistol and uses it.

Upvote 0
I am at that point right now. DMM hosts 5 servers. Nothing but Douchebags are playing. No game etiquette, I pay for the the server host I have, and through allowing good gameplay with oversight, we have had decent players and great games and stay in the top 30. People come to play on DMM so they don't have to deal with idiots. Hell, the VOIP is so F'd up right now, no one can even communicate without typing. I have been playing since Kf1, and have 2300 hours in KF2. I am at the point where I will never buy another Tripwire game. The clock is ticking and I am about to pull the plug on my servers until they fix this ****.

Upvote 0
I am at that point right now. DMM hosts 5 servers. Nothing but Douchebags are playing. No game etiquette, I pay for the the server host I have, and through allowing good gameplay with oversight, we have had decent players and great games and stay in the top 30. People come to play on DMM so they don't have to deal with idiots. Hell, the VOIP is so F'd up right now, no one can even communicate without typing. I have been playing since Kf1, and have 2300 hours in KF2. I am at the point where I will never buy another Tripwire game. The clock is ticking and I am about to pull the plug on my servers until they fix this ****.
What does this really mean? Did they just pull some lines form the webadmin config file or does this policy change goes deeper than that?

If its just a change of config files you can bring the banning back, but if its hard coded somewhere you cant and then, like you, I am pulling the plug. There are other games to play.

Upvote 0
What does this really mean? Did they just pull some lines form the webadmin config file or does this policy change goes deeper than that?

If its just a change of config files you can bring the banning back, but if its hard coded somewhere you cant and then, like you, I am pulling the plug. There are other games to play.
They Temporarily disabled the option to kick and ban people from webadmin (hard coded), to stop 1 man that ran 800 servers from purposely script kicking players playing either a zerk or precision perks, which ruined the experience for new players that kept using the matchmaking, instead of a server browser.

So now we have to sit that and wait for the next update that hopefully would bring a better solution to the problem.
(and maybe also deploy a fix for those ghost players in our server)

Upvote 0
Man, I got this little email from Tripwire themselves on what I missed in the past few months and this was one of the threads at the top and its about some power hungry maniac who wants to own the game, or run the community.

Edit:
I mean, can you imagine wanting to be the next tyrant of the internet to go so far as demanding that the game creators shut down their own servers vs you mentoring and making the game a better place by teaching and not iron fisting?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I don't understand how anybody can "run the community". I was just playing with people on my own server. I had three rules: 1) be okay 2) lvl 20 or higher (I only played HOE) and 3) use English if you want to communicate with other players.
Nobody was "running" my community. This is silly.
I only play for fun and by having my own server I could keep it that way.
Anyway, I'll be trying Dying Light tonight.

Upvote 0
Why else demand that the devs shut their servers down?
And why make this thread at all if you are in your own little world?
You didn't read the post correctly. He's not asking for the developer to shut down official servers, he's asking independant server hosts to join his protest over this decision.

And it's hard to disagree.

Upvote 0
Why else demand that the devs shut their servers down?
And why make this thread at all if you are in your own little world?
Sorry if my post didn't come across clearly. As deckardblade stated, my post wasn't a demand for Tripwire to turn their servers off, or any community run servers. Only a plea to community admins who didn't like Tripwires removal of the web gui kick ability. I know I have no influence or authority over this community, but would only encourage those who don't agree with Tripwires changes to be vocal through the one means that we have if we disagree with what they've done. To turn our servers off.

This latest update might change things, but we'll see.

Upvote 0