• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Admin In-Game Commands

Simcoder

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 9, 2009
I don't mean to beat a dead horse, but I can't get the In-game admin commands to work for the life of me. Apparently, I'm not the only one with this problem, and every post that gives a so-called solution, does in fact not work. I work with computers for a living so I'm not an idiot when it comes to dealing with config files etc. I've ran other servers in the past, but getting this thing escapes me. I rented a server from GameServers.com, set an appropriate password, attempt to do some form administrative command in the game and nothing works. Could someone shed some light on what is going on? I know there are a lot of others out there who could benefit from this as well. I'm guessing that a patch will be coming out to fix it? Thanks in advance. =)

I don't know about single-password mode, but when I enabled multiple admin mode (users and groups enabled, with various permissions and all that) I found that the "adminlogin" command, rather than take a password, took a username AND a password.

adminlogin username password

Rather than the more documented

adminlogin password

Perhaps put your username before the password when logging in?

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Got it working!

Got it working!

In order for the in-game commands to work, you must login with both a username and password.

Ex) adminlogin user pass

You can set up users and passwords via the WEB ADMIN, which can
be accessed by [url]http://IPGOESHERE:8075[/URL]

Also make sure the flag is set in your ini to allow the WEB ADMIN.

*These are the commands that I have working so far*
adminlogin user pass
adminlogout
admin setname newname
admin adminsay newtext
admin map kf-manor
pause
admin restartmap
admin kick playername
admin kickban playername
admin set engine.gameinfo gamedifficulty 5

Hope this helps someone.

Upvote 0
for a complete list see http://wiki.beyondunreal.com/Legacy:Console_Commands/Admin_Console_Commands

most of these are applicable and work with KF, but not all.

I draw your attention to the ability to bind multiple commands to a simple key press. This can either be done through the user.ini on your client (mine is C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\killingfloor\System\user.ini) or in-game through "SET INPUT <x> <y>", where x is the key and y is the command. The "|" (not "I" or "1") functions as a carriage return, allowing multiple console commands in one input string.

For example:
SET INPUT p adminlogin <Username> <Password>. When p is pressed you will log you in as admin.

To set up multiple commands from one key press I believe it must be added directly to the .ini as | in the SET INPUT string will not work, afaik.

Steam overlay is also a convenient means of doing some more complicated changes in realtime, without working out the console strings.

As noted above, console commands can be used to kick etc, or just votekick someone when logged in as an admin.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I don't mean to beat a dead horse, but I can't get the In-game admin commands to work for the life of me. Apparently, I'm not the only one with this problem, and every post that gives a so-called solution, does in fact not work. I work with computers for a living so I'm not an idiot when it comes to dealing with config files etc. I've ran other servers in the past, but getting this thing escapes me. I rented a server from GameServers.com, set an appropriate password, attempt to do some form administrative command in the game and nothing works. Could someone shed some light on what is going on? I know there are a lot of others out there who could benefit from this as well. I'm guessing that a patch will be coming out to fix it? Thanks in advance. =)

Kinda irrelevant, but could you explain the concept of "renting a server" from a site like GameServers.com?

I thought dedicated servers were something you ran off of a secondary computer that you weren't using or something?

How does "renting" like that work, and what would be the point of it??

Upvote 0
Is there a console command to password protect the game? And lift password protection.

as far as I know, nop

Kinda irrelevant, but could you explain the concept of "renting a server" from a site like GameServers.com?

I thought dedicated servers were something you ran off of a secondary computer that you weren't using or something?

How does "renting" like that work, and what would be the point of it??

Renting a server allow people, or a clan for example, to have a server always available to play on without having to host it on a personal computer, on a personal connection. It works like you pay each month some money to the provider and you have a server you can modify (install maps, mods, mutator), and control (stop, start, restart, update).. Point is you do not own the hardware, you do not pay electricity bill, you do not pay if hardware fail, you do not need to have huge bandwidth, people have better ping in theory, you just enjoy to be able to play 24/7

Actually almost all (or at least the majority I think) servers people play on are these kind of servers, they run on dedicated machines people rent (you can host the servers for the games you want on these dedicated machines, for example you can rent a dedicated server to host what you want on providers like godaddy, ovh, online.net and so on) or they directly rent a KF server on providers like GameServers.com, NFOservers, and so on, which is normally less expensive because they own the dedicated machines and you only rent a little space and resources on this machine, machine on which they rent a lot of KF servers to people, to make money.

By the way you are totally off topic, maybe you can create your own if you have more questions.

Last edited:
Upvote 0