• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Adjusting Range

DiedTrying

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 17, 2011
USA Prime Credit
Are the animations for adjusting range on your firearms not in the Beta?

Currently, instead of adjusting your slider to change your rear sights elevation, your avatar angles THE ENTIRE GUN.

It's as if he's lobbing m203 grenades...

This must surely be corrected for the release, right?
right?

Edit: The slider does move, I was wrong.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jorg Biermann1
Are the animations for adjusting range on your firearms not in the Beta?

Currently, instead of adjusting your slider to change your rear sights elevation, your avatar angles THE ENTIRE GUN.

It's as if he's lobbing m203 grenades...

This must surely be corrected for the release, right?
right?

Yeah, it's really weird how the player knows how to angle the gun exactly to make the irons align perfectly for that distance, there should be an animation for adjustment.

Upvote 0
+1 I'm not really digging the magical sight adjustment at the moment... although I understand it needs to be quick and efficient to make it effective (not worth an arduous 2 second animation just to adjust the sight by one notch) but yeah it definitely needs a real animation if possible.

Upvote 0
Currently, this is how you adjust range for your guns in game.

grenade_launcher_m203_01_700.jpg

Completely ridiculous. Try it, adjust your aim past 800 meters, it's comical. At highest setting you can't even see your gun except for the sight....

Upvote 0
Oh, but the slider changes. At least on the MG-34 and Maxim tokarev you can see it well, since the slider moves vertically. After the slider is adjusted, the gun needs to be angled too, of course. Problem is that you do not see the hand doing the adjustment but rather it moving and angling instantly. The angling might be a bit over the top, though.

I dont think there will be hand animations, that would be too problematic to make. One could have him pulling the gun close and then adjusting the sights, but that would take more time and make the whole thing more complicated. The way it is is not pretty, but fluid.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
2. The gun is significantly angled which is 99% false (there is a very minor angle to the gun at longest range settings IRL). It's nowhere near to the degree shown in game.
I don't know, setting my 91/30 to 2000m sets the rear sight very high. It sets the rear sight about 2" higher (I can give you an exact measure later if you want) than at 100m. I can't even put my cheek on the stock it's so high.

Upvote 0
I would like to point out that your soldier does in fact move the rear sight slider forward. There is no animation for it. If he didn't slide the rear sight when he angled the rifle down, the sights would no longer be lined up correctly. I've adjusted sights on a mosin-nagant, yugo mauser, and M1 Garand and I can tell you that if he just angled the gun the sight would no longer be lined up.

Still being able to adjust your iron sight, animation for it or not, is still a leap for immersive shooter.

Upvote 0
I would like to point out that your soldier does in fact move the rear sight slider forward. There is no animation for it. If he didn't slide the rear sight when he angled the rifle down, the sights would no longer be lined up correctly. I've adjusted sights on a mosin-nagant, yugo mauser, and M1 Garand and I can tell you that if he just angled the gun the sight would no longer be lined up.

Still being able to adjust your iron sight, animation for it or not, is still a leap for immersive shooter.

You know what, you are completely right and I was wrong.

I didn't notice that it does in fact move the slider. :eek:

However I'm pretty sure my k98 slider does not go up that high! (or to that range) but that's another issue altogether.

Upvote 0