• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Additional Interests/Hobbies

Thetoad

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Bergen County N.J.
I bring this up,,because of the schooling,,,as in crashes,,I have learned to deal with,,flying electric helicopters.I have a Storm 450,,with a flybarless rotor makeup.

Electrics,have come into vogue,,because of the advances in LI PO battery technology,,they are able to discharge very large amounts of current,,in order to allow acrobatics unknown a few years back.This will cost me dearly,,,I know the RC controls,,,but transmitting theory to practical use has eluded me,,,however I will master it,,down the road.

In additional,,I collect rare gold coins,,,,,some of which,,,,are best,,or second best known..

Besides your devotion to trip,,,,,ANY OTHER INTERESTS ??,I understand this interest in WIRE,,,,,I am only nibbling,,,,,on the OFF TOPICS,,,,,and until I upgrade,,,,I'm destined to be here....However,,,,I've enjoyed every minute of it....

Last edited:
Board Games, table top war gaming and roleplaying are hobbies/interests I've had since the late 80s. The side hobbies of this are of course modelling and painting. Nothing beats an entire weekend with five friends playing something like Blood Royale :)

I am currently in the process of building a 1:85 wooden scale model of the H.M.S Pandora by Constructo and it's hard work. Hopefully the end result will be worth it :)

Spoiler!

It's a shame that computer games have taken over and now most kids don't have hobbies :(

Upvote 0
Living in the "Sportsman's Paradise", aside from the array of hunting and fishing sports available to us here, and though I don't persue it with the passion I once did, I still enjoy a few rounds of Sporting Clays. I've long since given up on traveling to pistol/rifle matches. Plinking off a few rounds with the firearm du jour off the back porch is fun though and encourages me to clean the damn things every once in a while.

I used to build and fly RC planes (with glow fuel engines). I don't have any pics on this computer, I'll have to dig some up from an older one. My last outing was about a year ago. I crashed my favorite plane during a landing on my last flight of the day. I was so bummed I put the planes and radios away and haven't pulled them out since.

In my not too distant retirement, I'm thinking of moving up to 1/4 scale planes. I've always had a soft spot for J3 Cubs on floats. Don't really know why...lol.

Here's a nice video of a 1/4 scale electric. I prefer a gas engine myself.
He does eventually fly and land it in the video.
Hangar 9 J3 Cub on Floats.mov - YouTube

Kudos for learning to fly helicopters. Is this newer generation of helicopter as hard to fly as its predecessors?

Upvote 0
What is someone seeing,,,,,in such an innocuous post,,,,that I get a dislike??

Beyond me.....I presented a simple query,,,,where personnel,,can share their interests,,,,,,nothing more was implied,,,,,
First of all:

You-must-be-new-here2.jpg

and secondly:

12WoH.gif

As for my hobbies, I don't have anything really original. I play basketball and snowboard, but lately I've been doing both of these a lot less than I'd like to.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Great video of the Piper

Great video of the Piper

The whole genre of any electrics would not be possible,,save the development of LI PO technology..
Still a far cry from my HO American Flyer train sets,,,and my erector sets,,,,Ronco products,,,at least the erectors,,,,were replaced by Lego's,,which allows you to build something,,,,anything..

Although the computer games are interactive,,,they still have an odor or passiveness....

Solving building problems will yield great dividends down the road,,,because of the accompanying thought processes needed to complete the job.

I also collect rare gold coins,,and have acquired some nice ,,very nice pieces,,,but the heli,,,has my full attention now,,,,and I will master it,,,,,or go broke trying .

Thanks for the inputs.....

One last point,,when say recreating the battle of the SEELOW HEIGHTS,,,where Marshall Z,was going up against General Heinrici,,it must be pre timed to have enough members on hand,,,to make it work,,,,,or do you just come up with scenarios,,not based on actual battles.

Guderian,,Kessellring,,and Col.General Heinrici who commanded that battle were my favorites,,not Theodore B.,a shill if ever there was one !,made the T-34's,and even the invincible Stalin,,pay a price in coin,,,,,they knew well

JUST ASKING,,,,,,,,

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Board Games, table top war gaming and roleplaying are hobbies/interests I've had since the late 80s. The side hobbies of this are of course modelling and painting. Nothing beats an entire weekend with five friends playing something like Blood Royale :)

I am currently in the process of building a 1:85 wooden scale model of the H.M.S Pandora by Constructo and it's hard work. Hopefully the end result will be worth it :)

Spoiler!

It's a shame that computer games have taken over and now most kids don't have hobbies :(

Really cool. I used to be into Warhammer but it's expensive and hard to find people who really understand the rules/own an assembled army. I kind of want to get back into the painting aspect of it though. I remember spending a good 20 hours on a model of a Tomb King Pharaoh on a skeletal horse :cool: If I can find it I'll post a picture.

Upvote 0
Really cool. I used to be into Warhammer but it's expensive and hard to find people who really understand the rules/own an assembled army. I kind of want to get back into the painting aspect of it though. I remember spending a good 20 hours on a model of a Tomb King Pharaoh on a skeletal horse :cool: If I can find it I'll post a picture.

I miss doing Warhammer stuff. :(

When I have the money to buy all the required bits and bobs, I think I'll start collecting again, even if it's just to paint stuff.

Upvote 0
I like to collect Hot Wheels and Matchbox models, to play AirSoft, to watch cartoons, to play video games, to read a lot car magazines, to construct different Lego things, to mod different games, to play Pokemon games, I used to collect Yu Gi Oh cards.. I dunno man I have a lot of weird **** behind me and I am not so proud of being such a nerd :\ (no, I am not fat)

Upvote 0
I to

I to

Have had an interest in Photography,,,my first camera bought in 1966,was a Pratica.When I was overseas I bought a TOPCON RE SUPER,,it came with a 57 MM F 1.7 lens,and have added zoom,wide angle & a macro lenses.Topcon/Beseler,,,,
is out of the 35mm business,however Beseler still makes world class enlargers.
I was unable to use it for my avatar,,,I needed help from REZ for that.

Tomorrow,,,I attempt to fly again...These electric heli ,,spin up so fast,,I would say,,,,they are more difficult than the nitros to fly,,,,in addition,I have a two blade flybarless align 3X system,,,,,it reacts,,,way quicker than the older standard setup,,with those rotor paddle systems..

Upvote 0
Well I love to play/watch football (I'm a madridista). I'm intrested in machines and history. Mostly the military history of WW2. It's a bit hard here in Hungary, beacuse there are few good books about it so I had to buy them from the UK from example. It's a costly thing for a student so I have only few books yet.

Upvote 0
I ski and Ice Skate with girlfriend.

As a tech I keep myself updated about the latest hardware changes...
Obviously knowing about sandy bridge or bulldozer doesn't add much to my job so I also try to keep learning more and more.

Thanks to this, I have setup a few businesses on VOIP using trixbox.
At first it was trixbox straight on the machine, now it's trixbox on an ESXi server....

I love helicopters but I end up braking them.
My latest one was much bigger, but because it's cold here I flew it indoors with too little space and well... it lasted 1 day...:D
So I gave it to a friend of mine who can have fun with the parts.

Upvote 0
It's scuba diving for me.
I've free-dived my entire life, and went spear-fishing for the last 5 years or so, but I completed the first scuba diving level during last summer during a short stay at a friend's summer house, who also got me a nice discount in the diving center, seeing that the one of the co-owners was a friend of his father's. Might also be able to get me a job there this summer, which would be awesome, as all dives are free for the center staff. I'm going there this summer, job or not, and I just can't wait - it's really captivated me.

Last edited:
Upvote 0