• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Code Adding Weapons (M2 Carbine) to classes

You need to create a localization file. (.INT)

MutM2Carbine.int

Code:
[RSRoleInfoAlliedCommander_Mk2]
MyName="Commander"
ClassShortName="Cmdr"
Description="blahblahblah"

[RSWeap_M2_Carbine]
DisplayName="M2 Carbine"
CapitalizedDisplayName="M2 Carbine"
Description="blahblahblah"

The description is not used IIRC. Place this in C:\Users\<name>\Documents\My Games\RedOrchestra2\ROGame\Localization\INT

Different languages have different file extensions and go in different directories within the Localization directory. ".int" is the catch-all
I'm assuming I won't have to brew this, however, I do have to make a localization file folder for this.

Upvote 0
http://cloud-4.steamusercontent.com/ugc/47619171027032913/27E3BCB6FE537D1AB46B49260BC201F8AC5D82B3/

That's what happened when I created the .int file, I didn't create one with the map, not sure how I'd do that.

[RSRoleInfoAlliedCommander_Mk2]
MyName="Commander"
ClassShortName="Cmdr"
Description="Commander Mk2"

[RSWeap_M2_Carbine]
DisplayName="M2 Carbine"
CapitalizedDisplayName="M2 Carbine"
Description="M2, .30 cal, Automatic Carbine"

[RSRoleInfoAlliedSquadLeader_Mk2]
MyName="Squad Leader"
ClassShortName="SL"
Description="Squad Leader Mk2"

That's the .int files

Also, the picking it up in game or selecting causes it to be shown as a M1 Carbine, I can properly spawn with it, but it shows it as an M1.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I've taken a short break things have been busy for me lately, I'll have a finished M2 Carbine using the M1 Carbine Model & animations, probably done by Monday, depending on how much time I can spare.
The classes that will use it at the moment are the Allied Squad leader (Hero/Veteran still debating on wether it should even be available), The Allied Engineer (Veteran), and finally on Axis the Axis Engineer (Hero). Hopefully this will also spur some interest in mappers & players with the underused Engineer class, which will also prevent multiple people using it at the same time. It'll be rare, but powerful, like it was in reality, it appeared late in the war both in the Pacific and in Europe, however depending on performance, it may be altered.

Last edited:
Upvote 0