• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Adding Steam Achievements - and a new map!

I'm glad everyone is getting a good first impression of the map. Well, except for Panzerklein, but that's ok :p. Hopefully this one does the old mod version justice. Rest assured, the map has a little bit of something for everyone and you'll especially like it if you're a sapper! Or a tanker. Or a sniper. Oh, and riflemen will probably like it. Well, you get the idea. ;)

Nice job on the remake Gupp.. I remember when you were just a wee-learning mapper!

Very cool to see Fallen Heroes resurrected!

I'm sure it'll be awesome to play.. I definitely like the winterized version look too (I can just barely remember the original version)

Upvote 0
I love the new map. It looks as good as RO-Leningrad. Thank you Dr. Guppy.
It is! The quality is top notch imo, and well designed too with balance well thought out.
I love tank maps, the tank on tank action in this map is a fun trying to out move & position within the rubble landscape.
It's also fun to run from/blow up the anti-tank inf that seems to pop out of no where!

Upvote 0
Just to clear up a few things.

This is not a remake of an old mod map. The map was disigned and made by Tripwire for the first release of RO:Ostfront but it was not finished in time. Later on there was a second attempt to bring it back but it ended up not being ready in time for that opportunity either (gameplay was there, but map still had many a checkerboard texture and the like), so it was handed off to Guppy who was gracious enough to finish the job up :) And now his name is interweb famous! (see shacknews for butt jokes....) :p

Upvote 0
way too easy..most of the archivemnts look way too easy to obtain...:rolleyes:

Come on extra archievemt for resuppling mg ? i have enuff problems with dolts bumping me up to get their 5 ****ing points for glory. 3 kills with ptard for it ? arrf...5 or 6 whould be a challenge. The only thing that looks decent is the "vaisili is alive" thing. And even that screams "LENINGRAD" on top of its lungs.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
and those problems are...?

In publics people care more about points than winning the map. People run right infront of enemy fire and mgs to give someone ammo. Rather than killing the enemies or capping the objectives. Giving an mg ammo is the easiest way to get points. Giving ammo aint bad, but completely not playing the game and just trying to go to the top of the scoreboard by giving mgs ammo is annoying. Especially if they run straight in front of you so you cant even fire.

Upvote 0