• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Adding Steam Achievements - and a new map!

I'm wondering if this achievement system works only with standard maps, and ONLY with game servers, or f.e. practice mode... There will be more 'arcade' players whose primary goal would be grabbing 'the prize' - so as I know from L4D (not mine) tactic by setting up 'events' for some group of players (f.e. clan mates) and kicking 'public' players who wanted to play 'the classic way'
And another question: will mutators (of any kind EvilH-MG, AB etc.) running on servers be 'cooperative' with this new functions, or it works only for 'vanilla' RO? :)

Upvote 0
I'm glad everyone is getting a good first impression of the map. Well, except for Panzerklein, but that's ok :p. Hopefully this one does the old mod version justice. Rest assured, the map has a little bit of something for everyone and you'll especially like it if you're a sapper! Or a tanker. Or a sniper. Oh, and riflemen will probably like it. Well, you get the idea. ;)

Upvote 0
The new map is good news! I seem to recall RO support to be only "a tad into 2008", but still we get new content!

Really looking foward to FallenHeroes, if it is anything like the old RO-RedSquare-b8:

Shot00001-50a.JPG

Upvote 0
Without commenting on every bug in the video, you do know that the "shadow bug" is in fact a limitation of the Unreal tech itself? And that the source engine has the same problem? You can also shoot limbs that are poking through walls...

And how do you know that all of these bugs still exist? Given that the update isn't actually out? I'm sure Tripwire would have remedied them if it was a simple enough thing to do...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
There is one thing I could suggest, lol.

Does this map go as far as the Stalingrad Trainstation? If it does, you could always model the Barmaley fountain with the six children dancing around a crocodile.

barmaleyfountain.jpg

Contrary to what Enemy at the Gates would have you think however, it's not in the "red square" itself but off to the north in the open square between the trainstation and the Museum of Defense, what would be on the Germans' left flank.

It would be out of the way and would require a custom model or prefab or something, so it would make more sense to leave it out lol, but it's a very iconic landmark and is so close by to this map's setting.

Upvote 0
Without commenting on every bug in the video, you do know that the "shadow bug" is in fact a limitation of the Unreal tech itself? And that the source engine has the same problem? You can also shoot limbs that are poking through walls...

yes i know that "shadow bug" is an engine limitation ...

the "shadow bug" isn't the worst problem( i turn shadows off after realizing the bug because people watching your demos with ryplcam(WH on) might think you have a wallhack). the sinper and mg-deploy-crouch bugs(not in video) are the game breakers...and probably 1 reason for the dying clan scene..

And how do you know that all of these bugs still exist? Given that the update isn't actually out? I'm sure Tripwire would have remedied them if it was a simple enough thing to do...

well..we will see about that...

Hope TWI learned for RO and fixes bugs like those in "game2" asap... i say asap because no game is bugless at start...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'm wondering if this achievement system works only with standard maps, and ONLY with game servers, or f.e. practice mode... There will be more 'arcade' players whose primary goal would be grabbing 'the prize' - so as I know from L4D (not mine) tactic by setting up 'events' for some group of players (f.e. clan mates) and kicking 'public' players who wanted to play 'the classic way'
And another question: will mutators (of any kind EvilH-MG, AB etc.) running on servers be 'cooperative' with this new functions, or it works only for 'vanilla' RO? :)

The Achievement system will work with any map, but does have a requirement of 16 human players(Dedicated or Listen Server). There will be a list of mutators that will be allowed to run alongside the Achievement system, but basically, any mutator that does not modify the game beyond what Tripwire has deemed a "reasonable level" will be allowed. For example: EvilHobo's MG mod is allowed, but Armored Beasts is not.

Upvote 0
The Achievement system will work with any map, but does have a requirement of 16 human players(Dedicated or Listen Server). There will be a list of mutators that will be allowed to run alongside the Achievement system, but basically, any mutator that does not modify the game beyond what Tripwire has deemed a "reasonable level" will be allowed. For example: EvilHobo's MG mod is allowed, but Armored Beasts is not.

Thank You very much, so I'm really looking forward to see this restrictions list :)

Upvote 0