• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Adding Steam Achievements - and a new map!

the new map looks great. I'm not much of a tanker but I like the smaller combined arms maps like Hedgehog & Konigsplatz. Not too many tanks, but just enough to make you work a little harder as an infantryman.

And I for one am looking forward to Steam Achienvements. It sorta added a new element to DoD:S, and I hope that it will bring in some new blood...especially in my clan which is largely DoD:S.

Looking forward to adding the new map to our server & THANK YOU Tripwire for supporting the best FPS out there. Still.

[TxM] Private Who
[TxM] Texas Militia : Infantry Only, Stock Maps, Fast Action!
server ip: 75.126.10.168:7757

Upvote 0
I must painfully inform you that the obelisk shown in that map is a World War 2 monument and didn't exist yet in 1942.

I must painfully inform you that what you see in this pre-war shot of the square is an obelisk ;)

0stalingradarchiv330.jpg

Oh, and whats that in this 1943 shot with the Univermag in the background, looks suspiciously like an obelisk to me :)

http://www.curme.co.uk/old.jpg

Good try, I'm sure there are likely things in the map that aren't 100% historically accurate, but the obelisk is not one of them.

And there is this, another shot of the obelisk:

332.JPG

And this

080545.jpg

I could do this all day :)

Upvote 0
I'm really happy to see the game still getting updates after all this time. Tripwire is the best, for sure!

That said, I know all of us are burning to hear ANYTHING about game 2, or even if game 2 still exists. So, it's a bittersweet update, I suppose.

That said, I'm glad I'm getting achievements to help chronicle the epic RO experiences that I've been enjoying for over seven years now. Great work!

Upvote 0
I'm curious as to how the acheivements will affect server performance?

The server would have to keep track of lots of new information I would think, as well as more network traffic to some central server, right? Some servers are struggling with 50 ppl on some maps already, so I really hope tech behind this has taken performance into account, or else we will be in lag hell.

Upvote 0
The map is not nearly as cramped and narrow as Leningrad...so the tank is definitely NOT a death-trap nor is it useless. In fact, through thorough testing...you NEED the tanks to be used effectively to win...but you cant sit back and rely solely upon them.

This is an excellent CA map, to be sure.

Even if leningrad is more narrow, you still need the tanks to win. Most of the time on both sides the tanks got the highest score ;o

Upvote 0