• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Adding option to exclude uniform pieces(side;class) ingame to prevent immersion break

pep_moo

Sep 21, 2016
Hi,

I love this game. However I also prefer to play a historical game like this fairly as visually close to the historical setting as possible. Looking at steam forums it doesn't only seem to be me that prefer to play this kind of game like this.

Therefore I would suggest some changes to how the uniform add-ons and variations work at the moment.

Instead of everything being randomly chosen by players and the uniforms sometimes is a random slightly comical (sometimes immersion breaking) mess, I suggest:

- adding the option to exclude some uniforms/uniform items from spawning, if some players have chosen them, perhaps by adding an "exclude this uniform piece in gameplay" (like the officer hat, cowboy hat, etc.) in the customize character window, since you can see all items available (even one's you don't own or have "earned" through experience) ... and instead of these excluded items spawning, make a random variable within the default objects to spawn instead of the excluded item ... and through something like this let the players choose more how the game will look in-game
- leaving the option how it works now as default

First, I also thought of:

[- adding the option to customize each class individually in your personal gameplay with the items available (adding a dimension to buying items, if you prefer your comrades to all wear cowboy hats or whatever ... or instead customizing it to look like the historical counterparts)]

But this might give unfair advantages to some players that only would choose uniforms that are more visible than others for everyone for the sake of gaining an advantage. Perhaps therefore adding to the first suggestion there should be a fairly low maximum number of uniforms/uniform pieces that you could exclude below the default number of a side [however, all or just some purchasable personal touch add-ons should be excludable, according to a players preferences through a exclude option by each item in the character customization menu].

Alternatively (or also) make it possible to customize a pool of items available for one or several certain classes out of the default items and the one's that you have purchased. Also this time with a fairly low maximum number of uniforms/uniform pieces that you could exclude below the default number of a class. And still make it impossible to use pilot helmets for regular infantry and vice versa et cetera. This would be awesome.

Yes, the consequence of this would could be seen as the character customization that you earned through leveling up practically only is "relevant" to the players keeping the default option on (as it is now). Which would probably still be a majority though. But that I would say this is no big deal. I still think one's own character should only be able to wear the items which has been purchased or earned through experience.

However, this kind of alternative customization like I have suggested would be a good addition for players like me more interested in keeping it real. Then selling cosmetic additions would not hurt the game as much as it could do now for some players.

Thank you Tripwire,
Peace

Reactions: RandomPerson78642