• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Add these please. If you still love your own game...

ClearVall

Jun 2, 2019
I'm serious, we love KF2 so much. By it looks like devs are just tired of it, aren't you? So many suggestions've been made, and yet you add content SO rarely and so... lazy? Why?

These guns were made a few years ago. They look, sound, and feel (even in video) just astonishing. KF2 SUFFERS of lack of weapons in multiple classes. For example, I really love S.W.A.T., and I'm just bored of those few guns I have there. So.

Amazing AKS-74U. For S.W.A.T.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7INNtLaHR8

Franchi SPAS-12. For Support, or multi-perk with S.W.A.T. if you wish.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4w4WAUhIbOc

H&K 416 for Commando, obviously.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6x8-2WiCJc

Once again I do recommend you to add this nice feature - fps legs. It will add "inside" effect and also that "cool" feeling when you run from FP and look down before jumping somewhere below.
_mutator__malegs_-_first_person_legs_14915_0.jpg

Other small suggestions:
Make more accessoires slots. Why only 3? So I put on helmet, glasses, mask/respirator.... And then I can't equip backpack and arm band? Just why? 5 at least would be nice.

LET US DISABLE TRADER VOICE PLEASE. MAKE THIS FREAKING SLIDER IN AUDIO OPTIONS PLEASE. JUST. FREAKING. PLEASE. Is it really that hard?

Please, don't drop your game, stop being lazy. We all love Killing Floor, and we want you, TI, to keep it alive alongside with us. Thank you.

Reactions: missing_trigger
How about you learn some freaking respect for one. You call the devs lazy when they've added a score of old and new weapons over the past year and a half? And all of the perks have a variety of weapons to choose from already, so what are you complaining about? How are these guns gonna add any value to the game? (Spas 12 has been asked about multiple times for one, and we already have some ingame equivalent already. Same can be said for the AK-74U and and H&K 416)

What is so special about being able to look at your feet in a game? Not like you're gonna be kicking crawlers around any time soon, so why waste resources for something that would add little to the game?

Upvote 0
Have you ever developed a game? Or developed anything really? This **** takes time due to how freaking complex it is. You can complain about Tripwire focusing on the wrong priorities (which is something I'd more or less agree), but certainly not of being lazy... Don't forget KF2 is already four years old. For a video game, that's definitely old news.

As for your suggestions themselves...

Yeah, right... FPS legs. Cool **** I guess. But it wouldn't bring anything more than some flair. Which at that point, is not needed at all.

Don't like the trader voice? Just play your own music and lower the game's audio. After a while, you get so wary of your surroundings that you don't even need audio cues.

It's very common for video games to offer "only" three slots of customization. You cannot plan for each and every possible combo you could think of. It's just a good workaround... And we rarely have enough items to make more than three slots worthy anyway.

I don't get why everyone seems so keen to have yet another gun in the AK family... What would the AK74u bring that the AK12 doesn't exactly? After a while, you have to think of MECHANICS rather than CONTENT. Adding weapons for the sake of it doesn't improve the game whatsoever.

I guess than, as a SPAS-12 enthusiast myself, the gun could work... But again, with the m4... is it really that needed?

Upvote 0
I have to agree with Aleflippy in that an AK74 doesn't seem like it would add any variety. It would be much better to focus on weapons with more flair, like Rhinos. The M4 is likewise not needed at all. Every fps has an ak and an m4 or a knockoff version of them, and KF2 is really not an exception. The Commando already has guns that are basically the same. Now, a new Shotgun would be cool if it did something special, but since we already have guns similar to the SPAS, what's the point? Mechanically speaking. If you mean adding skins, then yes, more skins is always better.

Something I do agree with, as the OP has said, is adding fps legs. I know what you're thinking: what's the point, really? It's just a visual change. But it has already been done. There's a workshop item for KF2 right now, here's the link: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1116574204&searchtext=backpack

I'm not saying "it has been done, so just go and subscribe". I'm saying, this is something that's clearly possible, looks pretty good, and is a welcome addition to the game, along with showing weapons you have on your body. The problem is, it's not totally necessary. And the other problem is that, if you do want to use this, you're stuck with using a mutator that you can't even use online if you don't own a server and that disables your progression. So if enough people are interested, sure, why not officially add this to the game, or whitelist the legs mutator?

Upvote 0
Whitest Wolf;n2333900 said:
I'm not saying "it has been done, so just go and subscribe". I'm saying, this is something that's clearly possible, looks pretty good, and is a welcome addition to the game, along with showing weapons you have on your body. The problem is, it's not totally necessary. And the other problem is that, if you do want to use this, you're stuck with using a mutator that you can't even use online if you don't own a server and that disables your progression. So if enough people are interested, sure, why not officially add this to the game, or whitelist the legs mutator?
Which again brings up the point, why is it needed? Unless you're playing a game where your legs can be used as weapons like Dying Light or there's a slide mechanic, there's no real need to have them in the game. The claim of it being more immersive goes flat since most of the time you'll be too busy killing zeds to even look down at your feet. If I want to spend time looking at my own legs, i would like to be able to use them to kick at zeds. L4D has this problem as well, which was subsequently done away with in 2.

Upvote 0
I agree with most of the people here that TWI hasn't exactly been lazy. However, I do agree with OP on the 5 slots for cosmetics thing. That would be nice, since yes, it takes all three slots just to equip a helmet/hat, glasses/goggles, and a mask. First-person legs would be cool, just not that necessary. As for the new weapons, I feel like the game already has quite a few weapon choices, so I'm not too worried about all that.

Reactions: missing_trigger
Upvote 0
Dr. Lethal;n2333840 said:
What is so special about being able to look at your feet in a game? Not like you're gonna be kicking crawlers around any time soon, so why waste resources for something that would add little to the game?

Maybe that could be a good idea. If you can see your whole body the devs could add stuff like... if a new boss, or an old boss with a new attack, hits you with a special move you could fly through the air and get knocked down, while you get yourself back up to pick your glowing green gun from the ground, it would be less confusing to see an animation of what the character's body is actually doing. If you add a jumping over an obstacle animation that could also feel more immersive. Having legs could add the chance to put some variation to basic melee attacks, like kicks to push away zeds like the bash attack does. That could be very expensive to make and i'd rather prefer to just get new guns that ad something to the game, but now that they will get more money from payed weapons i'd like to see stuff like that.

Upvote 0
ak 74 and hk 416 are repetitive. I mean they are cool but they do almost the same exact
thing that other guns in the game do. Guns that bring new gameplay should have the
priority, TWI should run out of those before making guns that are the same as others.

The reason is that if they use their time and money to make new guns they could have a
better return on investment if the players feel that the new guns make the game less
boring, or more fun. Everyone will buy this kind of new guns in massive ammounts.
If a gun looks different but does the same thing some people may buy it, but probably
not as much as guns that feel way newer, because the fun of using a gun that looks
different but plays the same as other guns runs out just in a few hours i guess.

spas 12 could have its own space as a semi auto shotgun that is cheaper that the benelli
m4, but that also deals less damage, since the benelli in real life could use longer
shells, while the spas 12 can only use shorter ones. But i proposed the spas 15 in
another thread. The spas 15 could be a semi auto shotgun that behaves like an HMTech 301
shotgun, but that costs only 600 due to it only holding 6 rounds per mag and not been
capable of shooting healing darts. I think the spas 15 just feels more different and new,
since it gives you a new unique way to spend you dosh. Want a semi auto shotgun that
looks cool sooner that you can spend a 1100 dosh HMTech 301? You can, but you only get
6 shots per mag to balance things out.
Both the spas 12 and spas 15 could have a pump action firing mode and a semi auto mode
like they do in real life.

I also hope they start making more wepons and maps if they make enough money with the
new payed dlc.

Attachments

• photo20663.jpg
    photo20663.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Clone with a mark 7 suit;n2334109 said:
after more than 1000 hours of playing this game you kinda feel the need of something new

True. I've played a little over 500 hours, and sometimes the weapon choices get a little old, but I imagine by 1000 hours you get tired of certain things. I'm a very repetitive person, though - the repetition/monotony doesn't bother me as much as it might some other people.

Upvote 0
GigaBowserX;n2334143 said:
True. I've played a little over 500 hours, and sometimes the weapon choices get a little old, but I imagine by 1000 hours you get tired of certain things. I'm a very repetitive person, though - the repetition/monotony doesn't bother me as much as it might some other people.

Then again, any game you can play for 500+ hours is definitely a good deal. That's also how I reassure myself about the upcoming DLCs... I paid 30 bucks for a game I played for 4 years and hundreds of hours. I can definitely spew a handful more.

Upvote 0