• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Add the legendary map in KF3

Hypnotic

Grizzled Veteran
  • Jan 14, 2014
    Bulgaria
    There is one map i want to emphasise i spent countless time there and i'm definitely not alone because we are really get a lot fun there also realy love it - Spillway + it's much easy to improve something that is already done and it has been proven over times than creating something completely new my suggestion is to add it in KF3 and make it in evolved version :
    - open the closed doors
    - create new obstacles / blockades
    - new roads - may be some passage to the waterfall or even make some holes in the walls from explosions which are still burning ... be creative please make the map feel like there is progressing over time ...

Fingers crossed 🤞👁️

Last edited:
    Upvote 0
    I gotta say that Spillway is indeed one of the better maps from the late years of KF2 (and it's already four years old... so that's saying something). I wouldn't mind it coming back at all, but I honestly believe the best thing in that regard would possibly be to have some sort of "nostalgia pack" bringing a few top contenders from both the first and second game. Mine would probably look something like this :

KF1
    -Wyre
    -Bedlam
    -Manor
    -Waterworks
    -West London

KF2
    -Spillway
    -Nuked
    -Farmhouse
    -Biotics Labs
    -Prison

(Keep in mind that I'm mentioning them more for their looks and atmosphere rather than their layout...)

Also, three things :

1) It's entirely possible that many classic maps will be brought back thanks to mods

2) I still hope that we'll get mostly new stuff from the devs... And most of all, maps other than labs and military bases.

3) Depending on how KF3's game design will go, some maps might become way harder or easier... Begging for some changes if needed.

People constantly ask for ports, remakes, remasters, recycles and only god knows what else.
    Considering we live in an age of creative impotence the last thing KF3 needs is yet another recycled map from the previous game.

Spillway is a product of its time, you can create something just as unique from scratch by being original, there is completely no reason to be held back by previous games.

Upvote 0
    No i'm sorry but i'm not agree with that at all :) .
    While im with open arms welcome almost any new content and notes almost not this reskinned weapons with differed firing effect the things that are favorite to most of the comunity should stay and improve at all cost - it is the spirit of the product itself also in the film industry it's called Continuity the most influential filmmakers in all time do it all the time nobody reasonable man wants to kill that part , any comments are pointless for me here .

Last edited:
    Upvote 0
    No i'm sorry but i'm not agree with that at all :) .
    While im with open arms welcome almost any new content and notes almost not this reskinned weapons with differed firing effect the things that are favorite to most of the comunity should stay and improve at all cost - it is the spirit of the product itself also in the film industry it's called Continuity the most influential filmmakers in all time do it all the time nobody reasonable man wants to kill that part , any comments are pointless for me here .
    Is there anything in the essence you don't agree with in my suggestion?

Upvote 0
    People constantly ask for ports, remakes, remasters, recycles and only god knows what else.
    Considering we live in an age of creative impotence the last thing KF3 needs is yet another recycled map from the previous game.

Spillway is a product of its time, you can create something just as unique from scratch by being original, there is completely no reason to be held back by previous games.
    Some maps are just too iconic my dude. You couldn't have a Counter-Strike game without Dust 2. Or a Team Fortress game without 2fort. Or Mortal Kombat without The Pit... You get the idea.

I'm obviously NOT asking for ALL maps to be ported into KF3. As I said : most of them will probably end up being modded into it anyway. I agree that asking for ten classic maps like I did is maybe too much, but I'm sure one or two could come back. Hell, Bioticslabs was among the first three maps added into the game... although with a complete redesign. I haven't said that maps should be ported as they were. In fact, I'm seriously hoping they'll think about KF3's game design should they decide to bring them back.

Hell, that applies to many other stuffs as well : Scully, Foster, Briar, Masterson all came back from KF1. The Support's best weapon is still the AA-12..... It was his first T4, and it already was his go-to option in KF1 as well. The Commando got his hands on his trusty SCAR too. It's not impossible to get a mix of both old and new.

Reactions: Hypnotic
    Some maps are just too iconic my dude. You couldn't have a Counter-Strike game without Dust 2. Or a Team Fortress game without 2fort. Or Mortal Kombat without The Pit... You get the idea.

I'm obviously NOT asking for ALL maps to be ported into KF3. As I said : most of them will probably end up being modded into it anyway. I agree that asking for ten classic maps like I did is maybe too much, but I'm sure one or two could come back. Hell, Bioticslabs was among the first three maps added into the game... although with a complete redesign. I haven't said that maps should be ported as they were. In fact, I'm seriously hoping they'll think about KF3's game design should they decide to bring them back.

Hell, that applies to many other stuffs as well : Scully, Foster, Briar, Masterson all came back from KF1. The Support's best weapon is still the AA-12..... It was his first T4, and it already was his go-to option in KF1 as well. The Commando got his hands on his trusty SCAR too. It's not impossible to get a mix of both old and new.
    Sometimes you have to let things go no matter how iconic they are. KF2 shipped with its own new maps, RS2 did the same. The only exception was probably RO1 and KF1 as they had some maps from its mod days.

You simply cant evolve the franchise if you keep dragging yourself to the bottom with same recycled ideas. Let people innovate and inspire and there will be some incredibly exciting work shown.

Reactions: Tiger_
    Upvote 0
    Im playing KF2 maps for 10 years already and i don't want to play them again,they not that iconic just good maps,they serve more like war zone rather gameplay wise like we see in cs games or cod,we need something new
    You do realize that Cod and CS both recycled iconic maps times and times again? And both are PvP, not PvE either? So obviously, their layouts will have a different, yet significant impact on gameplay.

I believe SOME maps from Killing Floor's lifespan truly are iconic, but usually more for their vibes than their game feel. I must admit that my top picks, which I mentioned earlier like Wyre Forest or West London, are important to me mostly because of how they look rather than their gameplay. But you can always do some heavy lifting to make them feel both brand new and nostalgic, with possibly some new gameplay possibilities as well.

Bioticslabs is an interesting example considering KF2's version is so damn different from the original that it's pretty much a brand new map. I have to say that while I like both, that's not really what I have in mind when I'm thinking "remaster". I believe making some of them bigger, adding new zones, might be the right way to go.

Upvote 0
    You do realize that Cod and CS both recycled iconic maps times and times again? And both are PvP, not PvE either? So obviously, their layouts will have a different, yet significant impact on gameplay.

I believe SOME maps from Killing Floor's lifespan truly are iconic, but usually more for their vibes than their game feel. I must admit that my top picks, which I mentioned earlier like Wyre Forest or West London, are important to me mostly because of how they look rather than their gameplay. But you can always do some heavy lifting to make them feel both brand new and nostalgic, with possibly some new gameplay possibilities as well.

Bioticslabs is an interesting example considering KF2's version is so damn different from the original that it's pretty much a brand new map. I have to say that while I like both, that's not really what I have in mind when I'm thinking "remaster". I believe making some of them bigger, adding new zones, might be the right way to go.
    I got you,i just don't like them playing on nostalgia emotions thing,i want a fresh new game with new cool mechanics and ideas,and then i see the mf foster suit on the trailer...bruh really,like twi show at least new character you know.You mentioned West London and it's a great map not only in visual and atmosphere but in gameplay purpose as well,it's play very very good and fun,good map for kiting and good for defense also has a choke spots,tight areas like underground where is dark and you need to switch to your weaker weapon like pistol or shotgun to use flashlight,it's bring challenge and horror feel,or a bridge where zeds is fall at you this one gives screamer effect,originally in KFmod this map more rotten and has rain with fog,bridge cast shadow in the left so you might can't foresee the zed,in there it's even better,you see these little details bring atmosphere and unique in the game,but this is the case when devs care about the game and try a little do something cool not just add community random weird maps like netherhold,moonbases and other weirdos.Good example of theme like maps is hellmark station,tragic kingdom.

Reactions: Aleflippy
    Upvote 0