• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

ACTA - the European version of SOPA, but worse!

C_Gibby

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 18, 2010
Dunno what to say about this one. I heard about this on another site, and here we have ACTA which is mostly the same as SOPA, but it extends more into "real life" in addition to the internet. Dunno if it's been brought up elsewhere here as I haven't been paying too much attention lately, but hello anyway.

I'm terrible at these things, so I'll just give you this video:

Say NO to ACTA - YouTube

And if you're a UK citizen, sign this petition (yes, it's a government one, not one of those silly crap ones you get everywhere else).

[url]http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/20914[/URL] - UK petition

If anyone finds any links to official petitions of their own countries, post them and I'll add them to this post for us all to see and use.

Acta is more like the IRON HAND of soviet russia. Sopa compared to this is like comparing suggar to salt. ACTA might get through in Poland. I think Poland because of Acta will be the new North Korea.

Yes, I put it on the edge but I believe the chainreaction of a worst senario would become this!

Upvote 0
Meanwhile in the Polish parliament:

Spoiler!

Reactions: Pectus
Upvote 0
Meanwhile in the Polish parliament:

Spoiler!

Well that's simply a show off and trick to get more audience. For example all three biggest parties in Polish parliament voted yes, to accept ACTA in current state, few months ago (they didn't put it to public). PiS party that voted yes few months ago, today is against ACTA... I totally hate how cheap they are, and how they keep trying to trick citizens. Poland is currently one of the worst countries in the Europe. Minimal fee (~320 euro) isn't enough to pay all basic monthly bills and buy a food, so people need to work 12 hours a day to get enough money for living :| (if they are lucky and have a job).

ps. Anonymous promised to release to Internet secret documents from Polish government. That will be interesting lecture, but I guess public TV won't say anything what was found there because politics like to censor stuff in TV.

Upvote 0